blinking underscore top left on startup

Benandlola

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Hello. So recently I've been wanting to overclock my cpu but I wasn't able to get into my bios. Some guy who was trying to help told me to restart my cmos(taking the mothrtboard battery out then placing it back in) and try disabling fast boot. I did both of those but when I did the cmos when I started my pc I got the black scren either a blinking underscore on top left. None of the f keys work and I still can't get into my bios. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Check that the desired default boot device is setup and saved in your BIOS. This issue is often the result of the incorrect boot device being selected. However, it can also happen as the result of a defective/corrupted boot device as well.

Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Please post responses here and not via PM.

The OP sent: "I can't get into my bios I can't get into anything"

Trying resetting your BIOS to default again, like you did earlier. Assuming this lets you into your BIOS, check your boot device settings.

Benandlola

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I've reset it twice and still nothing f keys and the key (del) to get into bios don't work. I've tried unplugging my hard drives and putting my win 10 usb in but still no luck

Benandlola

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I can get into the beginning of bios when it says load optimized defaults then boot or reboot and also enter bios. I achieved this by disconnecting my keyboard which forces it into that state but when I hit enter on any of the three choices it just freezes and doesn't do anything