Blizzard Begins Closed Beta Testing for Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

allensays

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Played Diablo 1 on a 200mhz Pentium Pro when it was released back then. Won't be playing this one due to the WOW style and company BS. C'ya!

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Epic? I'll have to see it to believe it. Lately, the RPG's have been falling well short of epic.

If Diablo 3 doesn't do it for me, at least Neverwinter will be out later this year as well.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
FU Blizzard, I still haven't bought and will not buy your first of three installments for SC2 that is still at full price in the stores. (Maybe one year when you have SC2 Battlechest edition. Your crap is good but not that good, played the demo. Your DRM scheme for Diablo III causes me to say never.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]allensays[/nom]Played Diablo 1 on a 200mhz Pentium Pro when it was released back then. Won't be playing this one due to the WOW style and company BS. C'ya![/citation]
Same here, agree 100%

linford585

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
If any of you played Diablo 2, you would most likely understand Blizzard's want for the game to be always online (Open and Closed Bnet anyone?). Every company has decisions to make - some of which have pros and cons to each side. Making the game always online will make some people happy, and some people mad. Ultimately the decision was made on the basis that overall, it will make the game better, and will make more happy players, than upset ones. You don't need a fast connection to play.
Problem is though, happy players don't go online to "rant about how happy they are."

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
[citation][nom]linford585[/nom]If any of you played Diablo 2, you would most likely understand Blizzard's want for the game to be always online (Open and Closed Bnet anyone?). Every company has decisions to make - some of which have pros and cons to each side. Making the game always online will make some people happy, and some people mad. Ultimately the decision was made on the basis that overall, it will make the game better, and will make more happy players, than upset ones. You don't need a fast connection to play.Problem is though, happy players don't go online to "rant about how happy they are."[/citation]

I agree 100%, the people that bid are the ones who used trainers/hacks/dupes. I played a few characters to level 99 legit and actually like the constantly online thing to prevent hacks.

I also love the people saying this will not stop hackers....Yes it will. If someone uses a dup, the Bnet servers run checks constantly with the information your computer sends them. If hacking/duping you will be caught and your Bnet account will have the Ban hammer dropped on it.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Feeling jealous? Of course you are.

Not really, I am undecided if I will even buy the game which is a shame because I love the series. But that real money auction house sort of kills the spirit of the game. Knowing that Blizzard themselves support people paying for the best gear rather than through finding it or trading.

G

You guys are such whiners. D3 is awesome, I've beat the beta 6 times through F&F beta. I was afraid of the WoW styling, but it really doesn't remind you of WoW.

This whole DRM "i'm never going to buy your games" stuff makes you sound like you're a 5 year old that didn't get his way. You can rant and rave on every article about d3 on Toms but they aren't going to change it so you might as well put a sock in it. True d1 and d2 players will more than likely play this game. Latecomers and torchlight fanboys will complain.

Also- Blizzard isn't supporting buying items. Buying items with cash outside the game was going to happen either way, just like it did in d2. They are just making it easy to do it this way so people don't get ripped off and have a bad experience with the game. PEOPLE BUY ITEMS EITHER WAY

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I really want to play this, but once Skyrim comes out I probably won't be playing anything else for many months, especially not another RPG.

[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Not really, I am undecided if I will even buy the game which is a shame because I love the series. But that real money auction house sort of kills the spirit of the game. Knowing that Blizzard themselves support people paying for the best gear rather than through finding it or trading.[/citation]

Apparently you haven't read about the problems when the servers are down and you can't play the game you paid for anymore. There is no way I will buy any game with this poor excuse for DRM. There is also no reason for having a single player game forced to be online to play. What I want to do in my single player game is my own business and keep your limits/controls off my game.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
[citation][nom]ahnilated[/nom]Apparently you haven't read about the problems when the servers are down and you can't play the game you paid for anymore. There is no way I will buy any game with this poor excuse for DRM. There is also no reason for having a single player game forced to be online to play. What I want to do in my single player game is my own business and keep your limits/controls off my game.[/citation]

They are not taking servers offline like WoW, you do not connect to a server but a gateway. You will always have access. and its your game and what you do it is your own business ...sounds like someone is bad at video games. Just play it on EASY.

In conclusion, YOU MAD BRO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS