Blizzard Celebrates 7 Years of WoW With Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
It is amazing how much success World of Warcraft has had. It just seems a shame that they seem to be pushing away the dedicated Warcraft fans and have gone into such a rapid decline when they have never had a decline before.

G

I've given the game 6 years of my life and last time we only received a feat of strength to. Come on Blizzard. We supported you guys since Lost Vikings, Black Thorn, Rock n Roll Racing and all the Warcrafts, Diablo's and Starcraft. Why not give a pet like the previous years? Or what about a Panda Bear mount? Celebrating both Mists of Pandaria and the long time that they have been absent from the warcraft universe?

While I won't be getting a feat of strength in WoW I wouldn't mind getting a new portrait for StarCraft 2. And with Diablo 3 around the corner I wouldn't mind getting even more cross IP goodies.

SmileyTPB1

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Celebrating 7 years of getting people to stop believing in the outside world.

It's so nice of Blizzard to exploit the fact that people in general are just sheep on 2 legs.

G

An ad for a computer game during a sports game? Great idea Blizzard. You think people who find amusing in watching other people kick a ball back and forth would be interested in WoW? rofl.

G

If an ad during an NFL game doesn't have women, cars, or beer, then the viewer isn't going to be interested. Waste of money Blizzard :D

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
That ChuckTesta thing was hilarious. I never got this guy I play with sometimes on TF2's name until now. Anyway, the clown pic reminds me of "Killer Clowns", a bad horror flick from what I believe is the 80's.

batkinson001

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
I quit after this past may, last expansion didn't do much for me, and the guys I was playing with stopped... In my opinion wow started going downhill when Blizzard merged with Activision.

G

I will gladely say Rift every time even though I am not currently playing it!! They have pushed more content in the first 6 months than Blizzard did in 2 years...

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]batkinson001[/nom]oh yeah, and the game they should be afraid of is Star Wars: The Old Republic.[/citation]

yep

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]batkinson001[/nom]oh yeah, and the game they should be afraid of is Star Wars: The Old Republic.[/citation]
I never played Star Wars Galaxies, but a lot of people say it was decisions by Lucas that ruined the game. I know star Wars is a popular titles, but if that's true, isn't that a concern for Old Repulic too even if it is a different publisher?

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
kitten : different publisher , and different stance on the "problem". but only time will tell. Wow is stale and boring, most of the old people making it great left. Its just a shell of its former self.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Bring on Guild Wars 2!
Spent about 4 years playing WoW, and while looking back it does seem like quite a waste, I would have spent that time playing other games any way :)
Though probably not till 1 in the morning on a work day...

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]kitten : different publisher , and different stance on the "problem". but only time will tell. Wow is stale and boring, most of the old people making it great left. Its just a shell of its former self.[/citation]
I know it's a different publisher, but if it was Lucas who caused the original problem, then the publisher doesn't matter as Lucas will never give up control over anything that bears the Star Wars name. I just don't know if that was the case or not, that's why I am asking. I had friends who played it and couldn't stand Sony, but said that in the case of Galaxies, the issue that effectively ruined the game a few years ago wasn't caused by them, that they were "following Lucas' orders" so to speak and was curious if that was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.