Blizzard Celebrates Diablo 3 Birthday with Buffs, Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Wendel

Distinguished
May 7, 2013
The only way I'll play the game is if they put in the offline play. Then I'll go buy it. I won't even play it if it goes free to play but you still have to be online. I want to play when I have no internet. I have other things to do when my internet is up.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002

joke's on you since you gave your money to Activision/Blizzard...

I knew this was going to be a joke before the release...

constant online DRM, auction house that gives Activision/Blizzard cut of EVERY transaction when they don't do squat while the players are doing all the work, uninteresting gameplay, and the price when compared to Torchlight 2 and/or any other point-n-click RPG...

for those who actually bought the game, hope it was worth $60 for maybe a month of mediocre gameplay at best...

w0_od

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
did not buy it, the always on-line requirement was a red flag to me . The RMAH was basically turning all of blizzards player base into Chinese farmers for Blizzard.

leadgeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was going to but 3 copies for my LAN until I discovered that it was online only. I enjoyed playing D II as a team with my sons. The combination of skills and effects with our different characters was always fun. I know it can be done online too, but I prefer the control and speed I had at my disposal within my own network. Oh well, things change.

Dr_b_

Honorable
May 17, 2013
Aside from the always connected to the internet issue, the cut scenes ruin the game play and fluidity. Move 100 yards, cut scene. then there is another cut scene ontop of the cut scene you just had to endure. then there is yet another cut scene. they are horrible, at best. Sure you can hit space, but why? Why are there so many of them, why can't they be permanently disabled? just have a check box in the game options to allow them to be shut down. They add nothing to the game.
Potion timers and lack of potion creation/horadric cube -- the game is missing something, player engagement.
If you do somehow manage to put up with all of the above, you spend most of your time in the AH trying to find gear that is so badly over inflated you can't get the gear you really want or need.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I preordered it and got my moneys worth from it, its still a good game,its less frustrating that D2 where you lost xp when you died which I like. When I head home I plan on taking advantage of this on my Barb and Wiz.

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I was in the closed beta, open beta and preordered the game. I got my moneys worth and I didn't use the $ or the Gold AH at all. Maybe you hate the game and thats you, but the game is not the shit hole that some people say it is. Yes it has issues that need to be resolved and yes it overall is the least of the three Diablo games released. If you don't have fun, don't play it.
As for the celebration...how about give away the soundtrack for a week or month.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I preordered it and got my moneys worth from it, its still a good game,its less frustrating that D2 where you lost xp when you died which I like. When I head home I plan on taking advantage of this on my Barb and Wiz.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Sorry but too busy delving into Neverwinter. Funny how a totally free game is offering just as much if not more enjoyment than this empty shell of a game. One year later and still no PvP. Glad to see all the capital consumed on lawyering up the RMAH really added such a deep and complex game mechanic that will really advance the longevity of the games enjoyment. Ya right.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Still no proper level randomization. Still no fixed itemization (apparently it will be "fixed" in the next patch). Still no horrific/stifling darkness and atmosphere like in D1. Still no epic music like in D1. Still no light radius.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
How can people still be playing this tuurd of a game??? I quit 2 months after release when I had farmed the same instance zone 16th time. You seriously have to be OCD to continue that treadmill.

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

Blizz provides and maintains the servers. They gave us the option to make cash without going to seedy sites. I was able to buy WoL and HotS with that cash with enough left to get drunk with friends. D3 gave me the same mindless clicking entertainment as D2. If I want mindless clicking I play D3. I want some brain exercise I play SC2. As for the price, yes D3 is way more expensive than TL, but the problem with TL is that it felt old and I did not feel powerful. There was something really off when using the skills. The same goes with PoE. Combat feels weak.

fredarteau

Honorable
May 17, 2013

Since most game dont last 3 month i dont think it's a joke, i played for about 2 month and i had fun while it last...

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

Most games last 10 hours or a week. lol

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007

CaptnYesterday

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
AH use required + lowering drops due to AH + some of the worst itemization in the genre + Always online DRM...
Just 2 of these in any combination is enough to shun most players, but the near impossibility of having all 4 and more. Thank God for that 25% buff! f**ktards.

Status
Not open for further replies.