Blizzard Debuts 'Diablo III' Female Necromancer Character Model, New Blood Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Yes Timberland67 people are still playing Diablo 3, I myself got back into it around the 20th Anniversary and played through Diablo 1 in Diablo 3 and started 2 new characters , one of which ive taken up to lvl 70 since then.Its a fun game that had a rough start but is quite addictive now.This is one of the few games I have that I can say I got more than my $80 worth of entertainment from.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Blizzard keeps adding content and refining the experience, so yes there is still a highly active, highly enthusiastic community of players for Dialbo 3. I highly recommend the PS4 version for what is likely the best couch co-op game ever made.

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
Sorry but what kind of features they are adding? So far all what I saw lame changes and some nerfs with small tweaks and some events that reward pets that does nothing if you have one already! While from what I keep hearing is that Blizzard promised many things but 0 so far!

I played it and got my Monk to level 500 or something like this, do remember exactly!

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Been playing it for about 2 months now. Its addicting and has a curve to it which was na lot better then when it first came out. Got one of my friends back into it and he loves it more now then when he first got it. Updates do a lot.

alextheblue

Distinguished

Before you downrate this comment: Go download Path of Exile for free on Steam and give it a fair shake. I used to be a HUGE Diablo fan and in many ways I still am. Diablo 1 even. I played Diablo II a LOT. But Diablo III has been a bit of a disappointment. Yes, they have improved the game vastly over the years... and they keep adding content (and often taking more of my money for it). I actually went back to Diablo III multiple times but I always got bored fairly quickly. With Diablo II it took a lot longer for me (and those in my circle of nerd friends) to get bored each time. I'll probably play it again for a while when the Necromancer comes out.

But overall? Path of Exile has vastly more replayability. I started playing it again after the latest round of patches, good to be back. Plus their future plans for 3.0 absolutely dwarf anything Blizzard has in the pipe for Diablo III. After years of playing games like the Diablo series, Torchlight 1 + 2, Path of Exile, and various other (less known) games in the genre... PoE is probably the best overall, today. The gameplay reminds me of Diablo II more than any of the others. Especially Hardcore league.

Oh it's also the cheapest - free. You can play it totally free and you're not at a disadvantage, outside of storage space. If you play it and like it (guaranteed to like it if you're a Diablo II fan) I'd highly recommend getting a stash tab bundle and maybe some premium tabs. You might spend a few bucks to support them and get more storage space, if you enjoy the game. I've spent far less on Path of Exile I spent on a SINGLE Diablo title, not even counting expansions. The game is so good that I actually feel guilty, like I should give them more money. I probably will after 3.0 comes out... maybe buy some cosmetic stuff and more tabs.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
I have to make a comment as well. Though I have played all the Diablo's (Diablo 1 started me off those almost 20 years ago), I must say that Diablo 3 has fallen short on the same feel of the other two. I've played all season's in Diablo 3 besides 1 and they have so few changes and content lately that it feels like a stale game. I dipped into other games such as TL1 & 2, Dungeon Siege 1/2/3, Grim Dawn, and more recently PoE. Though I like Grim Dawn's system the best in the single player aspect, PoE hands down has the best multiplayer and replay-ability. Plus with the 3.0 patch coming out it dwarfs anything Blizzard has coming. I just don't see a point anymore to invest my time in Diablo 3, and that's sad for me as I love the Diablo series.

alextheblue

Distinguished

It's not worth the effort to port. Porting to a smartphone OS would be a massive undertaking. Also users of Android and iOS rarely spend that kind of money on a single game. I don't think sales would be as spectacular as you assume, especially if they charge normal price for the game and expansion. But giving the game away cheap is senseless given the cost to port it. So it's really a catch 22.

Also, the touch controls are far from ideal... especially if you play Hardcore mode. But that's a lesser concern.

I'm really equating the fact that there are some free phone games out there that are the same type of hack and slash that Diablo has going on and the graphics are just as good. The entire Diablo series is really on par with a phone game these days as far as game-play and graphics.

Also, there's a reason these free and low-cost phone games sell so cheaply: Success with advertising.

You do have a point regarding the controls though.

Status
Not open for further replies.