Blizzard Doesn't Want Diablo 3 Players to Rely on Auction House for Equipment

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nazgron

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
[citation][nom]LightningStryk17[/nom]Ive played both D3 and Torchlight 2.TL2 had a better item system but I got bored after I beat the game once.D3 I logged over 150 hours in (probably 8 times more than TL2).But I will say the damn auction house in D3 is annoying. You really do spend more time using the AH than actually playing the game, which is a shame cause the actual game play is pretty fun, just wish the story wasn't so terrible and hand holding.[/citation]
You mean...TL2 in elite mode?
You finished elite mode, fresh run in 18 hours?
What kind of god are you :eek:. I killed Diablo Inferno mode without getting touched by the boss while playing Barbarian, but I coulnd't kill any end-act bosses in TL2 without dying...
If not then sorry for quoting, I don't discuss TL2 non-Elite mode.

I didn't finish TL2, the game was too much better than D3 but I stopped playing at around 30 hours, RL aggroes and there was a reason which I didn't know but my friend revealed to me: "D3 ruined all the feeling for this genre, the genre is over, ppl now just go full "I don't want to play this style anymore" mode".
Yeah, D3 just ruined the whole feeling.

Last $60 for Blizz as well. I played any Blizz games, for as many time as possible. 4 years playing WoW was worth it, every pennies of the money I spent on the game, even SC2 is a good game imo. But this $60 is the worst money I have spent in my life so far.

[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]It was about ignorance, about how a person can be naive in relation to things, and about the lack of necessary experience.[/citation]

Kind of like you writing about my gaming preferences?

[citation]Ignorance, lack of actual broad experience and "devil-may-care" attitude is what creates such trash.[/citation]

Actually, paying for it is what creates trash. I could be just as unpleased at people playing MMOs, since they drive the developers' focus away from what I enjoy most, but I can understand different people have different tastes.

[citation][nom]casualcolors[/nom]So you're assuming that he's subject to wanton ignorance by knowing what he prefers to spend his money on. He seems to know what MMO's are, and he seems to not like them based on what he has seen. You disagree with his opinion but you're being painfully obtuse in an attempt to downplay the significance of his opinion.[/citation]

Right on. I have played MMOs, enough to know they are not for me. I am a very competitive person, MMOs suck the life out of me.

[citation]That was the point of my message. Being ignorant of what's going on in the industry, ignorantly bash/"skip" some games simply because "not my genre/thing", being extremely "casual" about things and basically only buying/playing "whatever's actual right now" while not even looking at many other potentially good games, is what makes possible the situations like the one I described.[citation]

Just wow. Again, inflicting unfounded arguments on others in a patronizing manner. You seem to be under the illusion you are entitled to do that for some reason. You are not.

I am sorry the good folks here at Tom's had to suffer this debate. This has become an off-topic private argument rather than an open discussion, and for this reason I will no longer respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.