Blizzard Finally Announces New Game: Overwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlast66

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
A lot of positive comments about this game on other forums, but I don't know why, but I am not getting excited. Lately blizzard are coming out with small side free-to-play projects like the card game and the DOTA rip-off.
Nothing in common with 'traditional' Blizzard games and IPs like Diablo, WC, SC which all have huge epic background stories and consistency across each IP.
In Overwatch you have orangutans fighting with the Reaper, sniper babes and Aladdin.
If they've run out of ideas it would have been much better if they remade the 20 year old Blackthorne or the Lost Vikings!

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
This would be quite a great game if it released when TF2 did. At this point i'm more interested in the Protoss expansion, and this looks like a developer hungry for people who missed TF2 which you can easily get for free just by making a steam account.. So yeah. But this is good, if the game fails maybe blizzard will actually fire off most of its staff that aren't creative anymore and hire new talent that can bring NEW IP's that make sense, not a game that should of been released 8 years ago.

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Kenjitamura. So what you are saying is, because there is a game that have that concept no one else can make a game, and maybe make it better?

The journalist have made an huge bommer. he say's that there are only 12 heroes, that is wrong, blizzard choose only to show 12 heroes, but they said time after time, that there are many other heroes on the drawing board.

And we dont know yet if this is going F2P.

hannibal

Distinguished
It all depends on how it will be done! All game types have been done before. Some better some worse. If this is team force type of game, it does not mean anything. The way how they manage to do it, means everything.
Always hope for the best and be afraid the worst, so yo don't get burned, by bad release.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
"Nothing in common with 'traditional' Blizzard games and IPs like Diablo, WC, SC which all have huge epic background stories and consistency across each IP."

What the hell are you talking about? When Diablo came out it was a brand new IP not "traditional". The same thing goes for WC and SC. Wait few years and Overwatch will be a "traditional" game.

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Electrontau, you are wrong there. Diablo And WC, did not bring anything new to the table. RTS was done before, and So had Hack'n slash, diablo style.

DavyJ

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Sure reminds me a lot of Lord of the Clans and GHOST - just a lot more polished. If it made it this far, maybe it is fun to play?

b_goodbody

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
Umm, what the heck has happened to London in the "near future?" Why is big ben no longer by the river or attached to the houses of parliament? Have they moved the river and put mock tudor houses where the current Portcullis House is? I suppose they would look much nicer than the current aweful building. THe hover busses however, I can se Boris actually making these and costing London Tax payers billions for them.

voltagetoe

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
Looks like this is "designed" just to compete in certain market sector. Well well, it's now over a decade since Blizzard made something original... No investment risk tolerance = no innovation. It's a very efficient strategy for a company to hire all the best artists...

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I was at Blizzcon and played Overwatch. It is a lot of fun. The line was long but going fast. There were 600 computers in the demo area. Closed beta coming in January or February.

Status
Not open for further replies.