Blizzard Finally Dates Warlords of Draenor Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
5th expansion huh? Wow (pun intended) Blizzard is going to try and wring every last penny out of this game that it can before its lifeless corpse hits the ground.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
They're certainly trying. MoP finally got me off of WoW. What exactly they were thinking with the constant rep grind I'll never figure out. I told my guild during Cataclysm that if Blizzard forced more rep grinds I'd stop playing. Sure enough. They seemed to fill what should have been story-line based game play with more rep grind....and when you're done with the rep grind, you get more rep grind. Rep Grind RUINS A GAME.... I'm sure WoD (of crap) will probably include even more rep grind.....

G

They're certainly trying. MoP finally got me off of WoW.

I quit shortly after Cataclysm. As a vanilla WoW player the Azeroth revamp was a bit much for me. Everything I remember about it was changed forever.

dgingeri

Distinguished

I found that to be the refreshing thing of that expansion. The new plot lines were quite interesting. I've been playing since open beta, and I was kind of tired of the old things still lingering about. It was annoying to have to deal with aspects of the game that had been rendered irrelevant by expansions.

What I didn't like about MoP was half a dozen new rep grinds and making my favored classes useless. I had to go all the way back to my hunter to find one that was actually useful again. Pally tanks, fire mages, and holy priests were nerfed into last place of all roles. I wound up leveling up a warrior tank just to get back into tanking. Let's face it, a hunter and a warrior tank just weren't as fun to play. I took some time off.

It will be nice to get back into it in November. The new lore ought to be great to discover. Blizzard has always been good at lore.

imnotageek

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
When I first saw the beta footage, I could not believe my eyes. It is the same dark portal couple of expansions ago. The same classes and look and feel. The game seems very dated to me. I was like: do I really want to play this?

MrGulio

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014
5th expansion huh? Wow (pun intended) Blizzard is going to try and wring every last penny out of this game that it can before its lifeless corpse hits the ground.

Completely par for the course for MMOs.

permanoob

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
It's hard to believe there are that many subscribers still. I don't know a single person that still plays WoW or has in the last year or more.

dgingeri

Distinguished

Blizzard has gotten the message about rep grinds. I don't know if they're actually going to do anything about it, but they got the message.

STO seemingly has gotten the message about it, too, as they have reduced the time and effort it takes to deal with their rep grinds. They still have them, but it takes about five weeks to hit the top instead of the previous 6 months.

Blizzard may take a similar path, reducing the time and the amount of grinding it takes to complete a rep grind. They did pretty well at that in Cataclysm, but then the MoP rep grinds were hella complex and long. It broke me of the game for a while. At least there weren't too many necessary things in those rep grinds, like head enchants that couldn't be found elsewhere. It was possible to move forward without dealing with the rep grinds, after the second major patch.

Now if they'd just make the raids so that one single person's slip up doesn't doom the whole raid. This "perfection in everything" attitude in their raids is annoying. There needs to be a little give in it. Nobody is perfect.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Rep grinds should be 100% optional. The story line shouldn't be dependent on rep grinds to any extent. If I have to grind rep to advance.....then the game isn't worth the money because the dev team failed at their job.

People whined and cried that the raids were too easy in Cataclysm. My guild took down 10M DW on it's first attempt with only 1 player dead. To me, that's too easy. 9/10 of us had no idea what we were doing going into the fight and simply followed the tank. They really had to do something. Of course, going from one extreme to another is a massive over-correction. I got my first character to 90, ran through 25M Raid finder a few times and stopped playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.