Blizzard Integrating Battle.net with Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Facebook is annoying enough with status updates coming from Farmville players...I'm seeing Facebooks death is it integrating with too many things and status updates just become a useless dump of automated messages.

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
This is great. Facebook has emerged as the gold standard social site and Blizzard has set a precedent that others can tap into it's resources without having to create redundant systems.

I won't use it, but it's movement in the right direction.

chise1

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008
Honestly, all of the data that facebook accumulates is scary... Not that Starcraft II will give others a lot of personal data, but still...

henrystrawn

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I'm still not convinced facebook is even a good thing.....no account for me. Since my user name is my name,I'm not one to hide behind screen names.

glubox

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
oh no. i see it. they will make toilets with pc, that posts on facebook when you take a shit.... why not tweet it, let the whole world know....

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
You are going to see more of this. Just look how facebook games and their achievements work... Its only a matter of time. Damn social networking.

BTW I hate facebook game achievements and awards, I really don't care that you found baby hippo in farmville snacking on your potatoes. I block the apps but new ones spring up daily. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

yourtechsupport

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I'm waiting for the perfect storm of WoW + Facebook.
So I can learn when my WoW-playing friends level up so I can call them on the phone and yell "DING!"

VWXYZ

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Like to be able to added battle.net friends through my FB friendlist.

but I'm NOT gonna use the StarCraft II status updater :b as already said: Chicks probably reeeaaally dig my Zerg domination.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]chise1[/nom]Honestly, all of the data that facebook accumulates is scary... Not that Starcraft II will give others a lot of personal data, but still...[/citation]

though we have a choice on the amount of drivel we post.

[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Good god man. How childish. Facebook.Why not integrate it with linkedin? http://www.linkedin.com/[/citation]

or better yet xfire http://www.xfire.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.