Blizzard Investigating Nasty Diablo III Lag Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
"cool features that can only be delivered by an Internet connection, such as local chat"

Grim Dawn thanks Crate with cool features such as a LAN play ;) and cool online features such as chat and private servers so you don't need to play with spammers and bots! Along with cool features such a semblance of game balance, quirky builds are functional, lastly team play and builds that don't look and feel like a after thought tacked on.

Jim90

Distinguished
"cool features that can only be delivered by an Internet connection, such as local chat"
...???

-->erm... single player!!
ok..take two, please convince us with one good reason why an internet connection is needed (and remember, we've already passed the DRM bit during initial install).

Vecinul

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Maybe in an online enviroment Blizzard can control the game better and not let hacks for crafting lot, that would eventually distroy the game....

codo

Honorable
May 5, 2012
blizzard is, by far, the worst company in the whole industry. haven't done a thing right since LOD. them and activision, and terrible cancer on the entire medium

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Anyone with common sense knows that their reason for online only is for the money. An offline mode could have been added easily and made so that offline characters and items couldn't be used in online mode as to not affect balance.

Anyone with common sense knows that their reason for online only is for the money. An offline mode could have been added easily and made so that offline characters and items couldn't be used in online mode as to not affect balance.

I don't see how they would make money with online diablo 3.
Doesn't require a monthly fee and I don't see any advertisements ingame.

stormflakes

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
games get crazier by the second.
Like gta V. They charge you 60$ for the game and then you can buy ingame cash for some more $$$.

I vote we all go outside and play pingpong.

Well ... not outside, inside will do me just fine. Things don't need to turn into complete anarchy.

I don't like ping pong either, too much harsh languague when playing.

DAMN YOU games industry with your buggy servers and your ingame money!

Hydrotricithline

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Always connected is DRM. Blizzard can sell it however they want to. Online authenticated/account based DRM is the only successful DRM to date. Even Online authentication with an offline mode (eg. windows authentication) Gets cracked and pirated within seconds. Requiring always being online.. not hard.. as an account will only usually allow a single login.. ghosting itself. You give someone else your battle.net login or game key? good job; you'll never play the game you bought again because someone else will be on your account or linking your game activation to their account instead. It sucks because you end up getting games (like titanfall for example) that could have a great offline mode or single player games if you don't want or don't currently have a Internet connection, Instead the publishers are forced to give these laim excuses, but it offers more content.. or we decided to concentrate completely on the integrated multiplayer experience. Where I'm more than hesitant to buy either of those excuses, online always is DRM; the only effective one. On the bonus side always online DRM usually will push publishers to have more robust online content and offerings as opposed to some arena only style of slapped together unbalanced multiplayer games you'd find released around 2000.

My thoughts;
Not yours. :)

ninjustin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Lag was one of the reasons I stopped playing. Nothing like playing a wizard and missing the creatures you were aiming for or over casting spells made it unplayable at times. I did come back and play later and the lag was at least consistently better. Still a game that can lag out while playing a single player is an egregious sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.