Blizzard is Letting Everyone Play Diablo III All Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]I haven't been too impressed with this game so far. They don't even let you customize your characters looks. Its 2012... not 1998.[/citation]
This is a great point. We should be able to customize the characters in every way, including skill sets and such. I've always been thinking that the gamer world has moved on since the first Diablo with it's top-down approach to dungeon crawling.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
Although the graphics of this new installment of the Diablo series hasnt sat well with me thus far I must admit that there is a gap in my gaming line-up for some new clicky-pow-loot.

I am not impressed by this download speed though, you would think the battle.net servers would be better prepared for a digital download. Steam and Origin are both flawless in that regard.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
"there'll be a free open beta for all PC and Mac users with a Battle.net account."

This is misleading and makes it sound like only existing Battle.net account owners (or those who buy WoW, SCII etc.) can use this, when in fact (at least according to diablofans) it is possible to make a Battle.net account for free.

I read that the beta client is about 2GB, which may not be worth the download for 2.5 days of playing, unless of course you have a pretty hefty cap or even an uncapped line.

@halls - there is a link. Look again.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
No thanks!

1) requires a constant internet connection even for single player
2) mods are not allowed
3) real money" can be used in auction house for items

dgingeri

Distinguished
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]That is in no way enough time to get to work...[/citation]

It's been flawless for me so far. I've played through all the available content (about half to a third of the first level) with 4 classes, on two platforms (2600k with GTX680 and i7-920 with dual GTX470s) and haven't run into any problems or errors at all. I'd say it's pretty much done at this point, as long as they have the content done.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
1) requires a constant internet connection even for single player
2) mods are not allowed
3) real money" can be used in auction house for items

Blizzard always sucking money from users, "oh so you have bought the game and you can't buy the best armor in it?"

Also what if i wan't to just play the singleplayer campaign ALONE or with only one lan friend, in the desert or somethig like that, NO INTERNET CONNECTION...

this really is a deal breaker.

Sprinx

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]neon neophyte[/nom]I am not impressed by this download speed though, you would think the battle.net servers would be better prepared for a digital download. Steam and Origin are both flawless in that regard.[/citation]

I'm getting about 15 Mbps download on this myself. I guess Comcast doesn't throttle Battle net, because they throttle the hell out of Steam for me.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I have only seen demo clips...but it does not look up to modern PC game specs.

If this was released for tablets then we'd have something interesting...

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
[citation][nom]amishrabbi[/nom]It starts at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon) according to blizzard. No idea where the author got 3pm.[/citation]

3pm EST is my guess.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]"there'll be a free open beta for all PC and Mac users with a Battle.net account."This is misleading and makes it sound like only existing Battle.net account owners (or those who buy WoW, SCII etc.) can use this, when in fact (at least according to diablofans) it is possible to make a Battle.net account for free.I read that the beta client is about 2GB, which may not be worth the download for 2.5 days of playing, unless of course you have a pretty hefty cap or even an uncapped line.@halls - there is a link. Look again.[/citation]

it might be worth it, if it can be jail broken to allow access to the full game and no level cap or at least let it work on a private server. *evil grin*

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]it might be worth it, if it can be jail broken to allow access to the full game and no level cap or at least let it work on a private server. *evil grin*[/citation]
No doubt a single player hack will come out. there was one out when SC2 was only in beta.

The real money AH is more of an anti gold farmer thing then anything. Keeps the money within blizzards domain. The game doesn't require you to pay money for items its just a bonus for ppl that feel the need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.