Blizzard....It must be humbling for them..

The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is atrocious
at best.
After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc, etc,..their
inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
end.

Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is a
good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time it
ISN'T running as intended.

I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to come
on board and help fix their problems...

Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...

Um...well I'm on a European server and have never had any problems.

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
atrocious
> at best.
> After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
> producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc,
etc,..their
> inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
> end.
>
> Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is a
> good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time it
> ISN'T running as intended.
>
> I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to
come
> on board and help fix their problems...
>
> Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
> MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
> atrocious
> at best.
> After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
> producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc,
> etc,..their
> inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
> end.
>
> Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is a
> good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time it
> ISN'T running as intended.
>
> I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to
> come
> on board and help fix their problems...
>
> Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
> MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...

I think the big wads of cash they are pulling in from sales and
subscriptions probably make up for the humbling thing.

U¿ytkownik "Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
atrocious
> at best.
> After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
> producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc,
etc,..their
> inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
> end.
>
> Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is a
> good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time it
> ISN'T running as intended.
>
> I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to
come
> on board and help fix their problems...
>
> Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
> MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...

Another whiner in the wall, erm, I mean usenet...

Do you equate Truth Telling with Whining? If so then I understand your
statement.
If not, then you're just trolling..either case.....you're in the dark.
"Mandella" <raggnarok@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message

> U¿ytkownik "Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> > The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
> atrocious
> > at best.
> > After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
> > producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc,
> etc,..their
> > inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
> > end.
> >
> > Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is
> > good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time
it
> > ISN'T running as intended.
> >
> > I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to
> come
> > on board and help fix their problems...
> >
> > Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
> > MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...
>
> Another whiner in the wall, erm, I mean usenet...

Coby

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

Paul2 wrote:
> Do you equate Truth Telling with Whining? If so then I understand your
> statement.
> If not, then you're just trolling..either case.....you're in the dark.

You serve your truth with a dollop of speculation and exaggeration so its
hard to tell just where you're coming from.

BTW, there was an interesting NYT article about WoW's woes. The president
(a 36 year old!) basically said that ever since they got their first year's
estimated subscribers in the first week, they've been playing serious catch
up.

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
> atrocious
> at best.

I played through level 40 with no server problems whatsoever.

That's over 10 minutes of solid non-stop gameplay :)

> Do you equate Truth Telling with Whining? If so then I understand your
> statement.
> If not, then you're just trolling..either case.....you're in the dark.
> "Mandella" <raggnarok@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message

Then please tell me, why I have absolutely no problem whatsoever playing
this game? You could at least mention the fact, that only some servers (not
majority) cause problems. That, sir, would be truth.

In article <d0kqqh$658$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl>,
"Mandella" <raggnarok@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

>Then please tell me, why I have absolutely no problem whatsoever playing
>this game? You could at least mention the fact, that only some servers (not
>majority) cause problems. That, sir, would be truth.

Let's see. Your anecdotal evidence, versus Blizzard stopping shipping
the game because their servers couldn't handle the volume and weren't
stable.

For you to deny they are having serious server problems, regardless
if _you_ haven't experienced them, is laughable.

Jim

"Andrew Fenic" <afenic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
>> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
>> atrocious
>> at best.
>
> I played through level 40 with no server problems whatsoever.
>
> That's over 10 minutes of solid non-stop gameplay :)

Watch it now, be accurate. You need at least an hour.

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
> atrocious
> at best.

I have no problem logging on and playing at any time, other than regularly
scheduled downtimes. I play on a server that is often listed in the High
population category. I read about people waiting in queue and sometimes
there are servers that crash, but it hasn't happened on my server at all. I
play on Earthen Ring and Dragonmaw.

I don't blame the people that have been affected by server problems for
complaining, but I have had no problems. (I have a lvl 52 Warlock, lvl 31
Shaman and lvl 17 Paladin).

Thusly "ingwe" <huntr1@re_move*thishotmail.com> Spake Unto All:

>I think the big wads of cash they are pulling in from sales and
>subscriptions probably make up for the humbling thing.

I suspect it's hard to be humble in a Ferrari.

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

tron

*shrug* I can't remember the last time I had any issues. Some occasional,
but understandable lag in the capitals, but no real stability issues.

Of course, I'm on a mid-range population server and play on only a
semi-regularly basis. I imagine if I were spending hours a day on it, I
might notice.

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
> atrocious
> at best.
> After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
> producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc,
> etc,..their
> inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
> end.
>
> Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is a
> good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time it
> ISN'T running as intended.
>
> I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to
> come
> on board and help fix their problems...
>
> Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
> MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...

Stuka

It is a pity you are having problems. I am enjoying WoW very much and it is
very rare that I encounter any problems whatsoever. I would suggest you
look into whether your internet provider is the source of your problems,
contact the game support or perhaps switch the server to another less
populated server.

"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
> atrocious
> at best.
> After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
> producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc,
> etc,..their
> inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
> end.
>
> Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is a
> good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time it
> ISN'T running as intended.
>
> I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to
> come
> on board and help fix their problems...
>
> Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
> MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...

Strange, if there isn't problems for MOST, why did Blizzard tack on a bunch
of free days because of all the down time?

Nope, it just isn't me and my ISP.........Go check more of the WoW sites and
read a few of the posts.
"stuka" <stuka@askme.com> wrote in message
> It is a pity you are having problems. I am enjoying WoW very much and it
is
> very rare that I encounter any problems whatsoever. I would suggest you
> look into whether your internet provider is the source of your problems,
> contact the game support or perhaps switch the server to another less
> populated server.
>
> "Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
> > The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
> > atrocious
> > at best.
> > After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
> > producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc,
> > etc,..their
> > inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
> > end.
> >
> > Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is
> > good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time
it
> > ISN'T running as intended.
> >
> > I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to
> > come
> > on board and help fix their problems...
> >
> > Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
> > MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...

Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> looked up from reading
the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
signs say:

>Thusly "ingwe" <huntr1@re_move*thishotmail.com> Spake Unto All:
>
>>I think the big wads of cash they are pulling in from sales and
>>subscriptions probably make up for the humbling thing.
>
>I suspect it's hard to be humble in a Ferrari.

Don't they call that the Romero Downfall?

Xocyll

nostromo

Thus spake "ingwe" <huntr1@re_move*thishotmail.com>, Tue, 08 Mar 2005
13:35:24 GMT, Anno Domini:

>"Paul2" <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message
>> The server stability and performance on World of Warcraft(WoW) is
>> atrocious
>> at best.
>> After years of receiving accolades such as, "Blizzard, the best gaming
>> producers in the world"..Blizzard the King of online play...etc,
>> etc,..their
>> inability to fix the terrible servers of WoW much be frustrating them no
>> end.
>>
>> Phrases like, "Oh how the mighty have fallen" come to mind...Yes, WoW is a
>> good mmorpg when its running as intended...trouble is most of the time it
>> ISN'T running as intended.
>>
>> I read somewhere they even put the Ad out looking for a server guru to
>> come
>> on board and help fix their problems...
>>
>> Anyway, WoW is failing in one of the most important aspects of a
>> MMORPG.......It server's stability and performance...
>>

>I think the big wads of cash they are pulling in from sales and
>subscriptions probably make up for the humbling thing.

Yeah - as far as Blizzard's track record of pouring the wads of cash into
R&D & Support services goes...how' that workin out for ya ppl?

If anyone thinks Buzzard will pour a single penny beyond bare minimum to
sustain the bean-count equation, then they need to change their therapist -
quickly! Right now I'm tippin, they're already pourin those wads-o-cash into
the next milk-making project, have no doubts.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:25:15 -0600, "Jim Vieira"
<WhiplashrAT@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote:

>And now look where they are.
The most successful MMORPG ever aside from Lineage 1/2 (and rapidly
catching up to them)?

Eds

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:08:07 -0500, "Paul2"
<emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote:

>Strange, if there isn't problems for MOST, why did Blizzard tack on a bunch
>of free days because of all the down time?
>
>Nope, it just isn't me and my ISP.........Go check more of the WoW sites and
>read a few of the posts.

What don't you understand?
NOT EVERYONE on EVERY server is having trouble. Why do we need to read
more to know that some servers have trouble but other don't ?

U¿ytkownik "foamy" <bombelly@wahs.ac> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> In article <d0kqqh$658$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl>,
> "Mandella" <raggnarok@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
>
> >Then please tell me, why I have absolutely no problem whatsoever playing
> >this game? You could at least mention the fact, that only some servers
(not
> >majority) cause problems. That, sir, would be truth.
>

> Let's see. Your anecdotal evidence, versus Blizzard stopping shipping
> the game because their servers couldn't handle the volume and weren't
> stable.
>
> For you to deny they are having serious server problems, regardless
> if _you_ haven't experienced them, is laughable.
>
> Jim

Please show me where I denied, that Blizz has some server problems? I simply
pointed out that this does not affects all of the servers - and such
information might be implied from Paul2 post. Some of us enjoy this game and
have no problems - I would suggest moving to new server, but yes, I know,
it's easier say then done. For now, maybe frozing the account for all those
with server problems would be a good idea or trying a new char on a new
server (Shattered Hand maybe, no problems here of any sort)

Paul2 wrote:
> Strange, if there isn't problems for MOST, why did Blizzard tack on a bunch
> of free days because of all the down time?

Because they're... *not* a pack of bastards... maybe?

Personally, I haven't had trouble logging on once this year.

LOL!

Ok, you got me. It's all just a conspiracy. The fact is that the WoW
servers haven't been up since Decemember. They're paying the rest of us
to keep pretending we've been having weeks of uninterrupted fun.

--
Remove the mess to reply.

Their "characters" aren't in question here......It's the instability and
poor performance of their servers that is..
By the way, I just tried to log onto my main server........280 in
line...yeah, I just love sitting in from of a splash screen waiting for "my

In article <fdtXd.8060$1S4.855492@news.xtra.co.nz>
, Cataleptic <cat.the.mess@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Paul2 wrote:
>> Strange, if there isn't problems for MOST, why did Blizzard tack on a bunch
>> of free days because of all the down time?
>
>Because they're... *not* a pack of bastards... maybe?
>
>Personally, I haven't had trouble logging on once this year.

I call bullshit.

>LOL!

>Ok, you got me. It's all just a conspiracy. The fact is that the WoW
>servers haven't been up since Decemember. They're paying the rest of us
>to keep pretending we've been having weeks of uninterrupted fun.

Anybody spouting the bs you do, is in serious fanboy denial. They
credited customer accounts and stopped sales of the game because
they had no problems with the servers I guess.

Jim

Eds

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:30:34 +1300, Cataleptic
<cat.the.mess@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Paul2 wrote:
>> Strange, if there isn't problems for MOST, why did Blizzard tack on a bunch
>> of free days because of all the down time?
>
>Because they're... *not* a pack of bastards... maybe?
>
>Personally, I haven't had trouble logging on once this year.

>LOL!
>
>Ok, you got me. It's all just a conspiracy. The fact is that the WoW
>servers haven't been up since Decemember. They're paying the rest of us
>to keep pretending we've been having weeks of uninterrupted fun.

Did you get your check yet ? I didn't get mine.

foamy wrote:
> In article <fdtXd.8060$1S4.855492@news.xtra.co.nz>
> , Cataleptic <cat.the.mess@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>Paul2 wrote:
>>> Strange, if there isn't problems for MOST, why did Blizzard tack on a bunch
>>> of free days because of all the down time?
>>
>>Because they're... *not* a pack of bastards... maybe?
>>
>>Personally, I haven't had trouble logging on once this year.
>
> I call bullshit.

What does that mean exactly? Are you too timorous, despite the
impenetrable shield of anonymity that the internet grants you, to call
me a liar? Are you in possession of some unique and enduring evidence
that surpassess my own experience and recollection in its reliability
regarding that same experience and recollection? Is it some stock phrase
you've acquired from somewhere that you treat as semantically identical
to "I don't want to believe you"? Or have your higher thought-processess
been supplanted by the random jerking of your knee?

>>LOL!
>
>>Ok, you got me. It's all just a conspiracy. The fact is that the WoW
>>servers haven't been up since Decemember. They're paying the rest of us
>>to keep pretending we've been having weeks of uninterrupted fun.
>
> Anybody spouting the bs you do, is in serious fanboy denial. They
> credited customer accounts and stopped sales of the game because
> they had no problems with the servers I guess.

I'm a fanboy because I haven't any problems playing WoW this year? What
kind of bizarre little world have you constructed for yourself that
those two things necessarily follow one another?

I never said that they've had no problems, nor that I hadn't had any
myself. But then, you already know that. Tell you what, you pretend that
Blizzard's servers in constantly on the verge of meltdown and are barely
functioning in any kind of remotely acceptable fashion if it makes you
happy, and I'll keep playing WoW hassle-free, or whatever hallucinatory
experience it is that I'm having that makes me *think* that's what I'm
doing.

--
Remove the mess to reply.