Blizzard Launches 3 Official Mods for StarCraft 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Anyone played Left 2 Die? It sounds interesting. Maybe I'll boot up the old SC2 and try it out. I haven't played SC2 since about 2 months after it came out.

n1k0

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Anyone played Left 2 Die? It sounds interesting. Maybe I'll boot up the old SC2 and try it out. I haven't played SC2 since about 2 months after it came out.[/citation]
It's a lot of fun - like the "outbreak" mission. Day/Night cycle where you have to survive attacks at night and try to destroy the infestation in the day. Co-op or single player.

n1k0

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
This is not "old news". Yes, the maps/mods were announced at blizcon. Yes, they've been available for testing for a few months. However, this is the official release with achievements and portraits.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Achievements, Kiddie console mentality. Last time I checked they still want me to pay $59.95, $65 with tax to buy the first part of a three part game with no local LAN support. No thank you Activision.
I heard that SC2 was burning up high end PCs in the beginning and they never fixed the memory leak crash in the first one. You will be playing and it will just quit (Usually after you are really into a good battle), has done it on several platforms and in OS X too. No interest in it any more Blizzard, slaves to the Activision.

upsetchubbs

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]Achievements, Kiddie console mentality. Last time I checked they still want me to pay $59.95, $65 with tax to buy the first part of a three part game with no local LAN support. No thank you Activision.I heard that SC2 was burning up high end PCs in the beginning and they never fixed the memory leak crash in the first one. You will be playing and it will just quit (Usually after you are really into a good battle), has done it on several platforms and in OS X too. No interest in it any more Blizzard, slaves to the Activision.[/citation]

Ha you've heard wrong, I've played about a 100 or more games and have never had starcraft 2 crash on me. This comes from a guy with a decent computer running Ultra graphics.

n1k0

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I'm really tired of hearing those two arguments about SC2.

$60 is a pretty standard price for a game. SC2: WoL is a complete game despite what you might think. Did you wait to see LoTR: Fellowship until you could buy the DVD because it was a trilogy? As for LAN, what's the last game you played on LAN that you couldn't have played online (not theory, actual occurrence)?

If you don't want to buy/play the game, don't - but not for those reasons.

jonyah

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]this is news? i read about this months ago on some other site.more like. . . OLDs amiriteguise.[/citation]
I think they just updated these maps. They've been around for quite a while now, oh and they're all really boring.

CTT

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]n1k0[/nom]I'm really tired of hearing those two arguments about SC2. $60 is a pretty standard price for a game. SC2: WoL is a complete game despite what you might think. Did you wait to see LoTR: Fellowship until you could buy the DVD because it was a trilogy? As for LAN, what's the last game you played on LAN that you couldn't have played online (not theory, actual occurrence)?If you don't want to buy/play the game, don't - but not for those reasons.[/citation]

This. I don't normally pay $60 for a game, I'll wait for a sale or whatever. But SC2 is without a doubt worth every penny of $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.