Blizzard: Our Next MMO Will Blow People's Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
"why move the herd from one farm to the other when you can earn twice the revenue with two farms and two herds?"
Aaah. I see what you did there. Well done.

maximumtrolling

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
No one has managed to stay on top of the MMO genre with a second release, we'll see how this ends. The clear examples here are Ultima Online (they cancelled the second part) and Everquest (second game didn't do too good). Appart from that all this overhyping years before a release, bragging about all the money they spent and the fabulous team they have is probably not going to do them any good (see Daikatana, , Spore, Enter the matrix, etc).

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
How about they actually finish Diablo III? If it's not because it is not an MMO then I don't know what else it would be... if WOW had not come out when it did, we would probably be looking down the barrel of Diablo IV by now, or at least a high level patch for the expansion(s) to Diablo III.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]How about they actually finish Diablo III? If it's not because it is not an MMO then I don't know what else it would be... if WOW had not come out when it did, we would probably be looking down the barrel of Diablo IV by now, or at least a high level patch for the expansion(s) to Diablo III.[/citation]
I'm guessing they'd have just released Diablo III version 1.10 by now, meaning everyone would have their characters nerfed so badly that they'd need to start entirely over. (any Diablo II vets here that played version 1.09 or prior?)

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]How about they actually finish Diablo III? If it's not because it is not an MMO then I don't know what else it would be... if WOW had not come out when it did, we would probably be looking down the barrel of Diablo IV by now, or at least a high level patch for the expansion(s) to Diablo III.[/citation]
Blizzard recently stated that diablo III is "technically completed". It is in the process of in house balancing and refinement/feedback atm. They are aiming for a 2011 release :)

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
[citation][nom]bear95[/nom]MMO STARCRAFT!! I hope.[/citation]
^+1 -- Blizzard already has several potential titles copyrighted for that too.
I already have a hard time finding time for both WoW and SC2. I don't know if I could add a third =(

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
If WoW had the graphics engine of Crysis that would be a nice upgrade. Too bad they'd have to go to 100K from 12mil subscribers with such a move.

dauthus

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Blow people's minds? Not a chance.

I still enjoy WoW PvP, but everything else about that game has become stupidly repetitive due to "formulatic" creativity. Also blizzard has done nothing against the armies of bots that ruin the economy.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I'll believe it when I see it. As I recall, they said the same about Catacysm. Some of Cat is awesome, some of it so-so, none of it is what I'd call mind-blowing. A couple of things I'd call just plain bad. They've totally ignored major things players have been asking for since day one, and I don't buy that they're locked in to limitations because of old game design. The fact is, they could replace the engine entirely if they chose to.

;)

selits

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
[citation][nom]maximumtrolling[/nom]No one has managed to stay on top of the MMO genre with a second release, we'll see how this ends. The clear examples here are Ultima Online (they cancelled the second part) and Everquest (second game didn't do too good). Appart from that all this overhyping years before a release, bragging about all the money they spent and the fabulous team they have is probably not going to do them any good (see Daikatana, , Spore, Enter the matrix, etc).[/citation]

Same with FFXI. While it was never really on "top" it was decently popular and then... FFXIV. It is complete garbage with estimates of 15,550 people playing still and it barely came out last Sept.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Marcus52[/nom]I'll believe it when I see it. As I recall, they said the same about Catacysm. Some of Cat is awesome, some of it so-so, none of it is what I'd call mind-blowing. A couple of things I'd call just plain bad. They've totally ignored major things players have been asking for since day one, and I don't buy that they're locked in to limitations because of old game design. The fact is, they could replace the engine entirely if they chose to.[/citation]

They've been running 2 variations of the graphics engine since Cata was released... Can't very well deviate from the DX9 graphics engine without dropping support for WindowsXP...

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]dauthus[/nom]Blow people's minds? Not a chance.I still enjoy WoW PvP, but everything else about that game has become stupidly repetitive due to "formulatic" creativity. Also blizzard has done nothing against the armies of bots that ruin the economy.[/citation]

What bots? I just started 3 months ago and have not met any of those.... Met plenty of assholes though.

They just like to make me squirm. =(

jimishtar

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
As with Starcraft II, I believe Diablo III is in a drawer, completed few years ago. When the sales go down, boom - Diablo III is released. Lets just hope that Titan will at least support multi-gpu systems.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Blow peoples minds?
They already blew my mind with how bad they made WoW with the first expansion, and blowing my mind again will either give me a migraine or a seizure. No thank you.

Diablo III please.

Status
Not open for further replies.