Blizzard Plans To Fix Critical 'Overwatch' Competitive Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of talk about a bug, but no mention of how you would encounter it.

If I was playing competitive what should I avoid doing so as to not encounter this literal game-killing bug?

I guess I could google it, but then why did I read this article?

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador

We recently identified a bug that, in extremely rare cases, can cause players to lose their skill rating progress and receive a seasonal ban from Competitive Play without any prior penalties for leaving early or being kicked for inactivity. (emphasis added)

That's the quote in the article direct from Jeff Kaplan at Blizzard.

Alright so the actual source is being intentionally vague.

Its almost as if the direct source hasnt been identified yet.
If the dev team knew exactly what caused the issue, wouldnt you think it would already be fixed?

"We recently identified a bug that, in extremely rare cases, can cause players to lose their skill rating progress and receive a seasonal ban from Competitive Play without any prior penalties for leaving early or being kicked for inactivity."

Notice the "bug" being the cause and the "can cause players to lose their skill ..." as the effect.

If they have identified the bug then they know what is causing the issue to happen or else the bug would be unidentified.

We already know the effect, no need for them to say they have identified that.

They know the bug exists, they didnt say they identified the exact triggers or the specific lines of code that are impacted.
They know how some people are experiencing it and how it impacts them, that is nowhere near the cause of the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.