Blizzard Pushes Out Small Diablo III 1.0.3a Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Why are you reporting game patches? I'm sure the people that play the game already visit the official site / forums, or visit diablofans.com, and the people that don't play probably don't care. Just saying.

oraygungor

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
As previous poster said, Why are you giving every single update about Diablo 3? I don`t play that game anymore, it is very boring game... Do you get any money by these "unintentional and unconcious" advertisements?

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Everyone who's interested in video-games, already check their favorite sources for video-game news. No need to clutter Tom's news with these.

I think there's probably multiple TH's D3 raiding parties in TH's upper management... oh well, I play the game so I don't mind, but I can see how it would be annoying to others

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Diablo 3 is complete trash. Blizzard's new cash cow for all the babygamers who dont realize how they keep destroying builds to make you rebuy gear on RMAH.

Xatos

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
They're posting it to get your comments about the patch and general rants about the game. Get a clue. And if you don't understand that and the reason for it, why are YOU here in the first place?

pita

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Don't think it is that hard to figure out. This is all bout getting as many site visit rate as possible, even if it means posting junks like this.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]Why are you reporting game patches? I'm sure the people that play the game already visit the official site / forums, or visit diablofans.com, and the people that don't play probably don't care. Just saying.[/citation]

hmmm... biggest pc only game in years, and reporting on patches that change content early on in the cycle... i cant see why this would be considered news or even worth watching... well besides BIGGEST PC GAME IN YEARS, or POSSIBLE DUMBING DOWN OF PC ONLY GAMES

see you dont get it. this game could define how pc games are made. if people still play after making the game easier, do you think people will make a truly hard pc game any more? there arent many people on the pc, and if people want an easier game, it may sell more.

lets put it this way, the early game patches and the backlash or lack of any of them get could set the tone of pc gaming from here on out.

[citation][nom]confish21[/nom]"exploits have also been patched… sorry cheaters"Thats not cheating...[/citation]

depends on the exploit. if you could force a glitch on an end game boss and kill it, and that glitch is hard to initiate and you have to knowingly force it, than yes, that is a cheat. take a look at kerafyrm from everquest. the first kill of that mob was done using an exploit, which caused i believe a very high end guild to effectively ban of every player, im a little foggy on the details.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
To those who felt this wasn't relevant news:

As Diablo III has been one of the most anticipated PC games for the past decade, I feel that reporting on the early design patches would be relevant and interesting news to some of the audience. I'm sorry you feel so strongly about not caring about Diablo III and I appreciate the feedback. There's always the option to leave these stories alone to those who do care to read about Diablo III news.

- Catherine Cai

To me it's not a matter of caring about diablo. I play it, I do care, but still I am shocked to see tom's follow every patch and updates to patches so closely. I have not know tom's to do this for any other game and simply finds it a bit biased

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
For those wondering if they fixed drop rates in act 3/4 inferno, NOPE!

According to a forum mod they are fixing it in 1.0.3b which is "supposed" to come out later this week.

Cheers!

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
All that concerns me is unspecified gold and service expolits, They better not have nerfed goldfind AGAIN, Expecting me to buy gold off RMAH instead of grinding/farming for it for free, When all I ever wanted to do was play this single player and clock it on hardest difficulty. That is looking more and more impossible as they try and get people into co op play just to be able to beat it, Once again they need to get over WoW
This is not an MMO Blizzard don't ruin it trying to milk it like WoW.
Path of Exile is looking better and better everyday when new patches/nerfs unfold in Diablo 3 on a regular basis!

G

please stop posintg path updates about this shit game, i dont want to know what gets nerfed on who on this shit game. its a POS in the trilogy, and just getting worse by the patch.

the only hope for ARPG's are torchlight 2, grim dawn and Path of Exile.

nekoangel

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
this patch is basically a patch to fix a bunch of stuff they broke in the previous patch. AKA Blizzards "when its ready" philosophy no longer holds any value.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]blackjackcf[/nom]To those who felt this wasn't relevant news:As Diablo III has been one of the most anticipated PC games for the past decade, I feel that reporting on the early design patches would be relevant and interesting news to some of the audience. I'm sorry you feel so strongly about not caring about Diablo III and I appreciate the feedback. There's always the option to leave these stories alone to those who do care to read about Diablo III news. - Catherine Cai[/citation]
Not just that, but everybody feels like they have to repeat what the guy above said.

I think you might need to implement a "hide story" function so that people don't feel the need to go to articles that simply wouldn't interest them in the first place.

In any case, maintaining that games are of no importance here when some of the most popular articles are GPU reviews is rather bewildering. My two penneth.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
toms is for sale - stories obvious and subtle for sale to those who will pay for them. just read another article yesterday about a completely other topic here on Toms and there was an intro with something like "since we're all spending all our time on Diablo" or some other nonsense.

same goes with all the cloud "articles"

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]just read another article yesterday about a completely other topic here on Toms and there was an intro with something like "since we're all spending all our time on Diablo" [/citation]

You're not playing Diablo 0__0

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
D3 had the potential to be one of the greatest games based on it predecessor. Two main things ruined it: Always online single player and RMAH (aka pay-to-win). These artlicles seem to be bringing out the nerd-rage in all of us.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Well, they're still missing a major feature in this patch:

Offline play

We bought the game, we should be able to play it how & when we want. I can understand having to log into the servers if you wanted to use the AH or to play multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.