Blizzard Puts World of Warcraft Server Blades Up for Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Didn't they do this a few months ago? "100% to charity" RIGHT[/citation]

They had advertised a few months ago that there was going to be some auctions of the servers but I never looked much into it. Going on my third year of playing wow. Most of the money likely isn't never going to see the light of day much less going to a charity. Blizzard is very much greedy and is why they won't support past expansions so they can farm new players.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]atotalnoob[/nom]The servers all seem to be at 100$....Not bad for an used server...Screw the fact it is from WoW[/citation]
does an 18lbs item really cost $116 for shipping? It's not that big of a box really, is that really the shipping cost or are they trying to increase their own profit, since shipping won't be part of what is taken out for the charity?

headlessfrog

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Who wants to guess that these are really hitting the dirt because with swtor and all the new mmos coming out plus diablo 3 wow just simply does not need the capacity it used to? It's not an upgrade It's a downgrade!

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I think the whole idea is admirable and I doubt anyone that would buy one of these blade servers wants to actually run it in a server but.....the specs are not listed anywhere. Not on the eBay listing themselves, not on the Blizzard site... seriously how is that kosher for selling server blades without any technical info at all. If I was gonna buy a big fancy paperweight like this, I'd at least like to know if there was anything else salvageable in there.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Oh and btw, most of the blades already have bids up to $250-$300 NOT including the $116 shipping. I'm very curious how high they go with 4.5 days left still....

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]skaz[/nom]They should match the tax write off and donate that too.[/citation]

Good point. They could donate that to centers for treating video game addiction since they've probably sent countless people that direction :)

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
altho im not sure why so meny ppl seems suprised its for 100% charity. eny one of this servers gave blizzard 500,000 dollar each. but its still a nice roll out of blizard

Status
Not open for further replies.