Blizzard Re-Enabling Diablo 3 Game Limits; Duping Returns

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I don't get why people dupe these items and stuff. Besides the cooperative play, it's a single player game. Why bother cheating? That takes the challenge out of it so now you just run around and "pwn" everything. Sounds boring.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]I don't get why people dupe these items and stuff. Besides the cooperative play, it's a single player game. Why bother cheating? That takes the challenge out of it so now you just run around and "pwn" everything. Sounds boring.[/citation]
If they can successfully dupe an item and get it on the RMAH and sell it, they profit.

Besides, remember that D3 isn't even really a game, it's a RMAH with a game built to support it. In debate after debate on D3 I was told by the blind fan kiddies that the online requirement would ensure people couldn't dupe (and even if they really haven't this time, they did before, this wasn't the first time dupeing in D3 is reported to have happened), that cheaters wouldn't be allowed, gold sellers would not be interested, etc. Well, cheating and botting is rampant. Duping of items has happened.

It's so interesting how anyone in D1 and D2 who duped an item or used a trainer in a single player game never affected anyone else's game. All Blizzard had to do was put in offline single player and not create an online mode where offline single player characters could go online like they could in D2 where the majority of problems existed. This would have pleased so many more gamers. But no, everyone has to be inconvenienced so Kotick and Tippl can protect their cut of the RMAH.

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]apr01[/nom]I just can't believe the effort these people go to to cheat... in a FREAKING GAME!!!! Jeez, just play it an have fun and then go outside and have a life![/citation]

Well no, it isn't just a game anymore. The RMAH turns it into a job. Real, hard currency in exchange for performing tasks. Scary stuff.

magikherbs

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Games like this should be illegal. This is just as bad if not worse than having a central bank print your currency.

Boycott DIII !

pEACe

Axonn

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Why do you care about D3 and T2 when you have Path Of Exile? ::- D. I've been playing it for 2 months now and it's AWESOME!!!

v1ctor

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I love the game but im not going to resort to buying items for real cash to get better. Ill pay when they come out with an expansion pack hopefully with more multiplayer action

G

Thanks for the article man. The dupe got deleted by blizzard but it's being held at diablo-3-dupe.com found here.

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
[citation][nom]apr01[/nom]Jeez, just play it an have fun and then go outside and have a life![/citation]

Just for the stupid "get a life" line - you will get a dislike click from me.

kathiki

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Who cares about BLizzard and their controlled gameplay of a purchased game........ Path of Exile is now in Beta and anyone who wishes can play the game. Everyone who has played Diablo comment in the game that it is tons better than Diablo 3.

Give path of exile a go and see how good it is. And most important of all it has no currency in game other than drops. No auction house yet. Just an occasional reseller or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.