Blizzard Re-Enabling Diablo 3 Game Limits; Duping Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindistortionz

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I haven't played this game since week two after release, I'm not surprised about all the bots or dupes. The amount of players actually playing this has dropped off big time.

G

These limits will mainly reduce the efficiency of the vast majority of legitimate players that must rely on farming to either acquire good gear or enough gold to buy new gear. All this is another attempt by blizzard to force players into buying from the RMAH in order to advance through the higher difficulties.

magnumfinger

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I can't believe you guys used gamingblend as a source of this info. That website is biased and most of its D3 articles are based from opinions or assumptions -- Imagine using its source from any random dude who posted from battle net?

As for the item duping, it was hotfixed by blizzard long before anyone manage to profit from the said items.

the whole process of duping was really a glitch and it's now useless.

G

I imagine rather than using a legendary bow, they're going to use lawyers...

apr01

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I just can't believe the effort these people go to to cheat... in a FREAKING GAME!!!! Jeez, just play it an have fun and then go outside and have a life!

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So cheaters and botters affect everyone's game? Gee, I thought I was told time and again that the online only would get rid of the cheaters, botters and dupers.

You know, if Blizzard would only allow an offline component, not only would they increase sales of D3 as those who didn't buy it due to the online only requirement would then buy the game, but these measures that inconvenience players would then only inconvenience the people who wish to play the multiplayer portion of the game, not every player. But I guess Activision Blizzard is afraid that would decrease the amount of people who would be tempted to use the RMAH.

I, for one, haven't bought D3 for the real-money involvement in it. Not because I don't like it, but because is a new system and D3 is the guinea pig of it. The one side effect of it, is this (stupid I might add) artificially imposed time before you can play after the legitimate purchase. If I can't call Blizzard (over seas) then I'm screwed? And in that same note; if someone wants to buy multiple games to farm it and make real money, why the hell is the feature even in the game in the first place? =/

The idea behind it is not bad, but the execution and conception of it... Ugh... 10 years for this? Really Blizzard? Really?

Cheers!

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
It’s kind of sad when tweaking a keyboard and mouse macro to get in and out the game after grabbing some gold that they have appear in the same spot over and over is more fun than the game. It’s not that bad but I’ve really had more fun and been more challenged working out the code. I’ve just been sharing the gold with my friend and buying some stuff to mess around. We played through the game ages ago. It’s ok for me to spend a bunch of time mindlessly farming for gold but I can’t have a macro do it small scale?

Good thing there is no offline LAN option. It’s what lots of people wanted and would allow folks that just want to see some of the cool gear off line to um well, do that. But then they could not forcefully funnel people passed their online store and (try to) make some more money off you.

The game is ok but it’s not $50-60 ok. If you are forced to play online and they are going to try and make more money off you the game should be free or like $10.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
This is highly likely not a dupe. If it was a dupe, why would he dupe a low end bow for 2 million? He could EASILY spend $50-100 on gold and get an item, or if he is smart several items worth 10 times that, then dupe those. Then he could proceed to only sell 1 at a time to avoid this attention and use a bot to automatically list another when one sells. Why in hell would he list 10 bows with the same stats and the same name and the same price if he could dupe? Why would you want to alert blizzard that there is in fact a dupe, especially when they can likely track the auctions back to the owner very easily. It is literally like throwing away tens of thousands of dollars.

G

Hell, people probibly try to cheat on purpose just in spite of what blizzard has done to our beloved diablo 3. I give these people a big high five. Stick it to the man. They deserve it.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]dcompart[/nom]These limits will mainly reduce the efficiency of the vast majority of legitimate players that must rely on farming to either acquire good gear or enough gold to buy new gear. All this is another attempt by blizzard to force players into buying from the RMAH in order to advance through the higher difficulties.[/citation]
The 1st part is completely made-up statistics. How do you know what player base is affected? Will you be affected if you do heart of sin runs or warrior's rest?

2nd is random conspiracy theory that doesn't measure up to basic reasoning. Can you predict human behaviour? Would players rather stop playing instead of going to RMAH?

kathiki

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Yet another post about Diablo3. It seems this site is becoming too affiliated with this game or company. Are you really out of information?

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
diablo 3 is an unmitigated disaster wherein corporate greed is singularly focused on pushing through continual game adjustments whose sole purpose is to make it more and more frustrating to play the game...

and they want players to be frustrated so that players will be more likely to spend real world money on virtual items... the RMAH has destroyed the Diablo franchise and is destroying the Blizzard brand

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
You have a good thing.
People who think money is the best thing feels the warmth.
They gravitate towards it trying to make the warmth their own.
They suffocate the flame.
Very sad.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
What is the RMAH value of a "unique" item that can be duplicated at will? I wouldn't really care at all, except people are taking advantage for the sole purpose of getting money from others. Instituting a RMAH is like the 'legalize pot' argument. Sounds good on it's face, but in practice it will only further abuse because it's been restricted for so long. These so called 'games' are becoming more like gambling every year. Eve plex anyone?

stormblade42

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
So disappointed in this game. My kid wanted to play so I coughed up the $60 and I used the trial pass to play. While the overall gameplay was above average, it was just too easy and my kid finished it in a few days. Then the end game is to play it all over again at a higher difficulty? Really?! That's it?!

It is way overpriced for the entertainment value in my opinion. I should've just renewed my kids' WoW account for $60 worth. That would've been a better play value. Meh...

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]stormblade42[/nom]...Then the end game is to play it all over again at a higher difficulty? Really?! That's it?! It is way overpriced for the entertainment value in my opinion....[/citation]

This is Diablo. A quick look at Diablo II would have shown you what to expect. The entertainment value is from wacking your face into the wall of Inferno, and finding awesome gear that helps you take one more step. I personally feel that the auction house ruins the game for most people without them even knowing it. Let people struggle to make progress until they painstakingly acquire a great item. That would give people a huge rush, and a reason to keep playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.