Blizzard Responds to Diablo 3 "Online" Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
1,020
0
19,280
0
The success of WOW3 is the demise of their other games. They see so much money from from WOW3, that there is no denying that it has to serve as the model for success for their other games. Personally, I have never done an MMORPG and never plan to. I am against paying a monthly subscription fee for a game. I want to be able to puchase it, then it is mine, then I can play it when and where I please. I don't want to have to be connected to enjoy a single player experience. I am glad and hoping that Bethesda still continues this. I bleive that there are many others that feel as I do and this is really two different markets. Blizzard seems ok with losing one of them.
 
G

Guest

Guest
no hacks no dupes right... how about kids who will buy godslayer with dads credit card
 

smuggl3r

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
26
0
18,530
0
Who the f**** uses a computer with no internet connection nowdays? I'm from a 3rd world country, but even here if someone has a PC, he has internet also.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Plz. if people can afford to buy god like items, look at WoW. Did the auction house break anything? did the black market place break anything? It didnt disrupt the enjoyment as far as I'm concerned
 

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
3,004
0
20,860
31
Who the f**** uses a computer with no internet connection nowdays? I'm from a 3rd world country, but even here if someone has a PC, he has internet also.
It's not about having the Internet or not, it's about not wanting to use it for single-player, because why should we?
 

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
149
0
18,710
19
[citation][nom]smuggl3r[/nom]Who the f**** uses a computer with no internet connection nowdays? I'm from a 3rd world country, but even here if someone has a PC, he has internet also.[/citation]

The real question is: Is this going to require a high-speed connection? There are a surprising number of rural & less developed areas here in the US that do not have any affordable high speed solutions available....yup some folks are still on dial-up.
 
The point is, I shouldn't have to have a internet connection to play single player. If I want to cheat through single player that is MY decision and some company shouldn't tell me what I can do with MY purchased game. The easy way to stop them from requiring a constant connection is to not buy the game. I don't plan on buying it just because they require a constant connection. I am using my lack of purchasing to cast my vote on this issue.
 

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
130
0
18,680
0
[citation][nom]smuggl3r[/nom]Who the f**** uses a computer with no internet connection nowdays? I'm from a 3rd world country, but even here if someone has a PC, he has internet also.[/citation]

Dunno, but maybe someone would want to play a SINGLE player game without running up their monthly bandwidth limits.

-Of course this only applies to people with an ISP that has such limits.-
 

Dannypwnsall

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
13
0
18,510
0
[citation][nom]BluntObjection[/nom]Dunno, but maybe someone would want to play a SINGLE player game without running up their monthly bandwidth limits. -Of course this only applies to people with an ISP that has such limits.-[/citation]
If they're able to go anywhere near their cap by playing a few online video games here and there, the ISP needs to be shot. I know a few people with a 10gb per month and they barely hit that with casual youtube and Hardcore Raiding.
 

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
294
0
18,780
0
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]The success of WOW3 is the demise of their other games. They see so much money from from WOW3, that there is no denying that it has to serve as the model for success for their other games. Personally, I have never done an MMORPG and never plan to. I am against paying a monthly subscription fee for a game. I want to be able to puchase it, then it is mine, then I can play it when and where I please. I don't want to have to be connected to enjoy a single player experience. I am glad and hoping that Bethesda still continues this. I bleive that there are many others that feel as I do and this is really two different markets. Blizzard seems ok with losing one of them.[/citation]
Did you decide after 1996 passed, that you were going to completely stop progressing?


WoW definitely is not meant to be single player - and honestly the subscription rate isn't even bad - considering the fact that WoW is by FAR the longest investment of hours I've ever put into a game. When you look at value, and price paid, WoW actually comes out pretty cheap.
 

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
294
0
18,780
0
[citation][nom]ahnilated[/nom]The point is, I shouldn't have to have a internet connection to play single player. If I want to cheat through single player that is MY decision and some company shouldn't tell me what I can do with MY purchased game. The easy way to stop them from requiring a constant connection is to not buy the game. I don't plan on buying it just because they require a constant connection. I am using my lack of purchasing to cast my vote on this issue.[/citation]


You're like the people who don't believe in birth control, so obviously don't choose to use it. Problem with that is, you're like 1%, while the other 99% goes on with their everyday life and have no problem with it.


You're going to have to raise a lot more of people with your mindset.


Sure, they might have lost 1 person's business - but they picked up 5 more that would've otherwise been pirated. Plus they get to track you and your habits that also translate to more money for them.


As you can clearly see, the benefits outweigh the risks (of losing you).
 
You're like the people who don't believe in birth control, so obviously don't choose to use it. Problem with that is, you're like 1%, while the other 99% goes on with their everyday life and have no problem with it.


You're going to have to raise a lot more of people with your mindset.


Sure, they might have lost 1 person's business - but they picked up 5 more that would've otherwise been pirated. Plus they get to track you and your habits that also translate to more money for them.


As you can clearly see, the benefits outweigh the risks (of losing you).
And this is exactly why I won't bother with it. I don't want to have my every online thing tracked. Have you ever heard of a funny little thing called Privacy? just because others choose to throw it away doesn't mean I am going too.
 
"...We can provide a much a much more stable, connected, safer experience than we could if we let people play off-line."

I call bullshit. Simple as that. "Connected" may apply, but absolutely not the others. I'm irritated, as long as I waited for this, but insofar as I anticipated playing it specifically when I did NOT have an Internet connection (e.g. while traveling), I will have to pass. Blizzard, you need to allow offline play. Some guy being unable to move a character onto Battlenet is on him; don't put it on me too.
 

Kileak

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
81
0
18,630
0
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]It's not about having the Internet or not, it's about not wanting to use it for single-player, because why should we?[/citation]

So that others who might want to level a little in single and then go online don't have to level again. And to make sure that the ones that do are legit when they do come online.

I can't understand all the fuss, unless you just wanted to cheat your way through, or you're too broke to have internet (then why are you here typing?) or just wanted to pirate the game, I don't see a valid reason why they shouldn't, I mean, so many other games are only playable online.
 

Kileak

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
81
0
18,630
0
[citation][nom]ahnilated[/nom]And this is exactly why I won't bother with it. I don't want to have my every online thing tracked. Have you ever heard of a funny little thing called Privacy? just because others choose to throw it away doesn't mean I am going too.[/citation]

What makes you think you would be throwing away your privacy by playing an online game? You're throwing it away just as much by coming on here and rambling.
 
G

Guest

Guest
what a laugh, you guys do realize that pirates will be able to play off-line from day one and all the loyal paying customers will need to be constantly online? until now not even a single DRM scheme ever worked (even if they say its not DRM). once again: pirates get all benefits without paying (well, not multiplayer, of course).
 
G

Guest

Guest
Also puts a lot of traffic on our already overloaded internet highways
 

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
1,120
0
19,660
101
I can't understand all the fuss, unless you just wanted to cheat your way through, or you're too broke to have internet (then why are you here typing?) or just wanted to pirate the game, I don't see a valid reason why they shouldn't, I mean, so many other games are only playable online.
Your not getting anything free for sucking up to the man.
 

nicodemus_mm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
107
0
18,680
0
As long a they deliver a solid product that is fun... I have no complaints. My PC is always on the net. If it's not that means I'm on the phone with Comcast and wouldn't be playing anyway. Besides... it has to be better than the rampant cheating I remember from Diablo I/II.

ActiBlizzard will get my money for DIII assuming they don't screw up prior to launch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY