Blizzard Talks About New Diablo III Loot System

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a lot of talk but they have been pretty mum on the details with their site. No new info has popped up at all as to an estimated time frame of when.

We haven't had any news of a patch since the last one hit earlier this year.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Ow you want loot? f*&k efficiency and statistics. Use real money and search the auction house. $1 = 50million gold.

You could get all the best items in the game using real money!!! Beat that!

and oh i forget, did i mention you could earn money from Diablo 3 Auction house? Snipe the cheap items from auction house, sell them for profit.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
there isnt a way to recover from the RMAH, the game is ruined by it, yer you can choose not to use it sure. Sucks though if you wanna play with other peeps and they are all rocking insane gear, makes things fucking boring for you when everything is dead and you are just chasing the blood bath

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Who cares about this...seriously? Another garbage ploy to get bots and gold farmers back to a game that barely lasted a years time, and lost half its population in the first couple of months....Blizzard needs to move on to something better and new

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Diablo 3 and other RPGs with similar business models have ruined the genre for me. I used to be what you would call an avid RPG enthusiast. Now I approach every title with ingame purchases or real money trading with weary suspicion. There's only a few rare gems out there where AAA titles can actually still call themselves games.

Thanks Blizzard.

And it's definitely the same with first person titles. It used to be fun. You could copy maps designed by players for players between your friends and just explore. Now you are faced with the ever increasingly popular model where a game is launched for $60 with very little content and a week or two later the map expansion packs start hitting the shelves at up to $15 a pop.

As far as I am concerned it may very well be very successful business models, but it's not progress for gamers. It's just all about cash flow. And the parents of children who are under actual social pressure to have this stuff are the hardest hit.

Note that almost all the post release development for Diablo 3 focused around the AH and balances to the gameplay to ensure the AH is viable. Sickening.

Obviously when you work for soemthing for a long time, the gratification is longer and also the time you feel good about it. But if you get things instantly, the gratification vanishes almost as fast as it came.
This is a natural human concept, and by making a game where you can buy things, they shortened its life span to make sure they dont have to keep the servers running.

However, they underestimated how fast their custoemers would get bored, and the expansion is coming to a game with too little potencial customers.
And this is why they are planing to change the game, to try to make it "interesting" again.

I wonder I people will fall for it. I certainly did not buy this game myself, after I heard about the auction house. Lets see if Blizzard gets a slap in their wallet for this.
After all, its the only thing they understand.

nexians

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
D3 Loot drop was horrible for every character, so much dependency on the auction house, and for a few people living in other countries it was not possible to buy gold either, considering the price for exorbitant Legendary Items and some countries not having access to Gold House :(. This was hell for a player considering the amount of gold dropped. I mean I had a character done 262 hrs!!! Still couldn't get some legendary items, whereas some players in other countries just bought them off and had immense access to power at lower levels!!!

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Again about "random generated" dungeons I believe when I see Blizz. Smart looting mechanics should also work for Crafting so you don't generate crap for other classes in proportion 20 to 1.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
The game is broken. What they should do is forget about the expansion, reboot there entire thinking maybe even fire everyone working on this project because they failed. Join forces with Runic from TL2. Release D4. No RMAH. And perhaps do something different with characters abilities and how you build your character.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I remember the good old Ragnarok MMORPG, You must create a Merchant character in order to vend your loots, you can also craft rare items using its skill. No auction house, just vend your wares in-game.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
This won't change anything. People will still buy the best, overpowered items on the AH. Blizzard's loot 2.0 is more like loot 1.1 In order to fix the loot issue they'd have to do two major things that they will never do:

1. Remove dependency on weapon dmg for all spells etc.
2. Remove both the GAH and RMAH

Since Blizzard will never do either of these two things, the least they can do is introduce proper area/dungeon randomization. The randomization in Diablo 3 is a joke.

The final failure Blizzard made is they didn't manage to reintroduce the creepy horror from Diablo 1. Oh well, off to Path of Exile we go.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's pretty simple, they built the game for the rmah to make extra money. Now that they aren't making the money they were they can dump the ah and prioritize loots. It's giving the fruit that extra squeeze in case there was still juice left. The problem is it DID work. D3 still made a lot of money. They don't care if you stopped playing as long as you paid. They don't care if the franchise's rep is ruined, Kotick considers IPs disposable once they lose earning potential.

Polluted

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Who cares? I was so disappointed in the game that I stopped playing after a month and never looked back. I have found too many good games to bother reinstalling it. A revamped loot system is too little too late imo.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's pretty simple, they built the game for the rmah to make extra money. Now that they aren't making the money they were they can dump the ah and prioritize loots. It's giving the fruit that extra squeeze in case there was still juice left. The problem is it DID work. D3 still made a lot of money. They don't care if you stopped playing as long as you paid. They don't care if the franchise's rep is ruined, Kotick considers IPs disposable once they lose earning potential.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

They just search for sell point of new expansion.

G

Sorry, I'll stick with Torchlight 2. Better drops, no auction house, no RMAH, no farmers, no repair bills, etc. Everything is better than this game.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Seriously, who cares at this point. D3 was dead long ago. It has the shortest lifespan in all of blizzard's games. Too bad Blizzard is too freaking proud to just admit their failure. It's funny how one game can ruin their image. I used to worship blizzard, played WC2/WC3/D2 for many many years. WC3 kept me busy for a good 7-8 years. Bored with D3 in 3 months. SC2 is still fun to play thou.

Like many others have said, this is but a desperate move to hype up the game in hope that people will actually care about the expansion. D3 ex is going to be the first blizzard game that I am not purchasing on day 1 (or ever). Good job blizzard.

wysir

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Bring it in a patch to the original game. Then if I like it I may buy the expansion. No more falling for the hype of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.