Blizzard Talks Diablo 3 Inferno Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
This somewhat defeats the whole point of the "entire area being farmable". Guess it'll be back to doing runs in only the final act once players are strong enough. I'm disappointed, because I thought Blizzard wanted to avoid that.

crackseed

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]This somewhat defeats the whole point of the "entire area being farmable". Guess it'll be back to doing runs in only the final act once players are strong enough. I'm disappointed, because I thought Blizzard wanted to avoid that.[/citation]

I understand what you're saying but if you think aobut how they're doing it, it's actually still MUCH better then D2's scheme. In D2 we basically sat in small chunks of area clearing to 2-3 big name bosses which DID get brutally boring. It was either that or risk your cow level creation capability by hoping no one would kill the king after everyone farmed the level for loot/XP.

With D3, you have the entire game on Inferno that you can farm. Granted, A1 will yield slightly less better loot then A2+, but given that you DO need to farm to tackle the later portions, you can easily blow through all of A1 per session instead of having to just take a WP to Worldstone Keep and be like 'Oo - Baal" - now, it'll be all about combating those far more nasty packs of random-modded boss monsters, which, IMO - was the true fun of Diablo's combat.

It's a win-win overall, though it may still need some tweaks once we get our hands on it :)

gaborbarla

Distinguished
I remember that it was a challange to kill Diablo at the end of Diablo 2. Then I saw my friend that was farming for weapons years later, and he could kill the hardest level Diablo in 12 seconds including the time it took to hop all the way to the end of the passage where diablo resides in. If he found a weapon he wanted he kept it, otherwise reload and try again, thousands of times. :D

nocteratus

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
They can show and do whatever they want with Diablo 3, I wont buy this game since you have to be connect to the internet to play, even for single player.

crackseed

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]whitey_rolls[/nom]All I can say is they better not go all "WOW" on the game and as soon as people complain about it being hard they nerf it all to hell.[/citation]

Definitely a valid concern considering what we saw with WoW. Long as they hold to their intended plan here with A1 Inferno being doable for even "casual hardcores" while the later parts are for the truly hardcore/insane, it should stack up nicely. Nevermind casuals have Normal, Nightmare and Hell prior to Inferno to goof around in.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
the work came from insanely steep leveling curves, and insanely rare drops.

id rather a game be skill based, instead of luck based... that said, ill get this game on sale, i cant justify a 60$ game that will get boring, where if you are inactive blizzard eraces your data (3 months with diablo 2, this may not be a factor, but is a problem for me that they did it in the past)

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I hope this difficulty is born from difficult encounters as oppose to gated gameplay which requires you to farm gear for each 'skill' check.

Diablo 2 farming was entirely mind numbing, but it never stopped you from playing the story (in a way that WoW would).

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
The entire beef I have had with any RPG that uses a "drop rate" method is that most items drop rate is so low that it would never drop. Then these companies come up with item "sets" where if a player can assemble and equip and entire set they get bonus stats (but often without the entire set the individual set items were never that great), but set item drop rates were so damn low that I never actually assembled an entire set of anything. The only way to obtain set items was through duping, hacking, trading (which often was an item someone else hacked, duped).

I doubt this will be addressed or fixed in Diablo 3 but it is nice to hope.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Blizz has a video out saying you will die in diablo 3 and many times if you are not in a group, I look forward to make them eat their words when I solo the inferno lvl.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]I hope this difficulty is born from difficult encounters as oppose to gated gameplay which requires you to farm gear for each 'skill' check.Diablo 2 farming was entirely mind numbing, but it never stopped you from playing the story (in a way that WoW would).[/citation]

The complaint about farming for gear to satisfy a skill check is made by people who aren't even good enough to get a minimum level of gear in WoW, much less actually learn how to play.

Gear checks are about gear, not skill. If you don't think gear matters, I suggest you get your guild to raid naked at level.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]This somewhat defeats the whole point of the "entire area being farmable". Guess it'll be back to doing runs in only the final act once players are strong enough. I'm disappointed, because I thought Blizzard wanted to avoid that.[/citation]

Not so fast. Who's to say even the top 10% will have an "easy" time an the later acts? What if higher efficiency can be reached elsewhere, what if these higher acts reserve the very *best* of the best gear or item levels? The choices will be there and the flexibility is key to keeping the game fresh.

I think people are still caught up with 3-5 minute Baal runs. This most likely will not be what occurs in D3.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
[citation][nom]nocteratus[/nom]They can show and do whatever they want with Diablo 3, I wont buy this game since you have to be connect to the internet to play, even for single player.[/citation]

then why did u read the article and comment on it?

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
[citation][nom]nocteratus[/nom]They can show and do whatever they want with Diablo 3, I wont buy this game since you have to be connect to the internet to play, even for single player.[/citation]

Oh no.. please don't make me be online when I'm playing.. Oh wait.. I already am online when I'm playing a game on my computer. Honestly it's a newb filter IMO.. If you don't have the internet.. you're probably a newb. If you do have the internet and don't want to buy the game because you need to be online.. you're probably a newb. Sounds like a win to me.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Now with Diablo 1 & 2 there were custom builds or things that are overpowered. Anyone remember firewall in the D2 before they balanced it. I would be incredibly (and pleasantly) surprise if it was as hard as they say for all builds and skills

G

The whole point of inferno was to turn the entire game into the end game. Once you beat the game, then you go anywhere you want to play and have the same chance of loot.

Now, inferno is just another scaling difficulty just like the other 3. They took a good idea, gutted it, stomped on it, then threw it in the garbage and just made hell 2.0, or nightmare 3.0, or really all they have done is make normal mode 4.0

Too bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS