Blizzard to Reveal Mystery Title Next Month at PAX East

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Blates will be WoW wacky racers...

After the crap that was SC2 & D3, with their insistence on using the WoW engine for everything, I really, really am not holding my breath that it'll be any good.

G

im not to sure what mazty refers to about sc2, havent bought it. but d3 was a waste of time and money, and is well worth a refund.

but anyway... im with him on the matter
they are gonna try and add some wow crap to it and it will ruin it.

but this time blizzard will launch a new IP, so the success cant piggy back off the previous titles.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]mazty[/nom]Blates will be WoW wacky racers...After the crap that was SC2 & D3, with their insistence on using the WoW engine for everything, I really, really am not holding my breath that it'll be any good.[/citation]
I hope you are joking. SC2 crap? Using WoW engine for everything? My brain is hurting right now.

G

"The company may be introducing Blizzard All-Stars, the League of Legends competitor that was originally called "Blizzard DOTA" until Valve took the studio to court over the DOTA name."

There are several things wrong in this sentence.

Blizzard took Valve to court, not the other way around.

DotA never was Blizzard DotA. It was DotA All-Stars.

Blizzard DotA (now known as Blizzard All-Stars) is a SCII map.

DotA was a W3 map.

DotA 2, which Blizzard tried to sue Valve over, is a stand-alone version of DotA.

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Shame, I don't feel very invigorated when I hear "Blizzard" anymore. Not like the Warcraft RTS days. Personally bought D3 expecting some good quality gaming, but got a merchant-style game instead.

SC2's always online was a real pity. SC2 has good gameplay, but I'm not always online. So I didn't get it. Only money-making failures out of Blizzard nowadays. Makes them money, but leaves us with despair.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
After diablo 3, im not that excited on any of the new blizzard games.

>> It could also be the project Jay Wilson began working on after leaving the Diablo 3 team.

f&#$ that loser.

I bought sc2 (and i think it was sorta a mistake on my part), and after that did not bother even trying the diablo 3 beta they send me.

So, chances are their next game wont be interesting for me either. However, ive been proven wrong before, so i will wait and see.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
After the disappointments that were SCII and D3 (IMO) I'm no longer excited by anything Blizzard could release. Whatever they plan on selling I'm not buying.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I don't get excited over games anymore. I was disappointed too many times in the past for games that I was excited for. So, I just wait for the review and see what the "test subject" say and decide from there if I want to buy it or just wait for it.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I really hope it's Auction House the Game. I just want to send Activision my money directly instead of having all this gameplay nonsense in the way. Why do I need to grind for an hour before I can give them more money?

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]I don't get excited over games anymore. I was disappointed too many times in the past for games that I was excited for. So, I just wait for the review and see what the "test subject" say and decide from there if I want to buy it or just wait for it.[/citation]Can't decide if it's just an side effect of growing older and more cynical, or if games these last few years have just generally sucked more.

Either way, I certainly don't care about 99% of the games I hear about these days. I could use this opportunity to rant about how consoles strangled the games industry anyway (think of all the cool ideas we were promised in tech demos over the years which couldn't come to be because they were unsupported/too power-hungry for the crappy old current-gen consoles) but that wouldn't entirely apply as we are seeing an interesting resurgence in smaller, 'simpler' games which prove quite enjoyable.

I don't know, it just seems like there's too much generic crap out there now.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Dont care what it is I wont touch it with a 10 foot pole until it has been released and out on the market for a few months.

I want to make sure plenty of professional and user reviews hit the web about whatever it is.

Blizzard has completely lost my trust in them any more. Diablo 3 was the last pre order I ever make from Blizzard.

susyque747

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Big companies have destroyed two great companies. Activision killed Blizzard and EA killed Bioware. RIP you two were great at one time but now you are just whores.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]susyque747[/nom]Big companies have destroyed two great companies. Activision killed Blizzard and EA killed Bioware. RIP you two were great at one time but now you are just whores.[/citation]
Hey, I object to you comparing them to prostitutes aka "whores". Those are hard working girls. ;-)

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Dont care what it is I wont touch it with a 10 foot pole until it has been released and out on the market for a few months.I want to make sure plenty of professional and user reviews hit the web about whatever it is. Blizzard has completely lost my trust in them any more. Diablo 3 was the last pre order I ever make from Blizzard.[/citation]

Agree'd. Let all the suckers buy it first and wait for the complaints/praises a month or two after release.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I know someone inside Blizzard and got the lowdown.... it's titled "Real Money Auction House 2". It's a great game where you give them money and get a popup that says "You Win!!!".

Status
Not open for further replies.