Blizzard's Diablo III Legendary Item Improvements in 1.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Oh a article about a patch for Diablo 3!

Where were the articles for the patches for Rift, BF3, Mass Effect 3, Shogun 2, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, etc.

Articles about patches on a site like Tomshardware is stupid.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Next article will be about how WoW has gone free to play, you just need a battle net account and you can play for free. (until level 20) Huge news for the tech world!

Oh wait they just did that, but remove WoW and replace with Diablo. Totally news worthy...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Oh a article about a patch for Diablo 3!Where were the articles for the patches for Rift, BF3, Mass Effect 3, Shogun 2, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, etc.Articles about patches on a site like Tomshardware is stupid.[/citation]

diablo 3, a VERY major game that was what, 10 or so years sense the last one. yea... keeping up with the early game patches is a waste of time...

patches that are major changes in a game that sold as well as this... it broke pc only records didnt it, is to be expected.

teamcarlisle

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I was done with diablo 3 after about 2 1/2 weeks after it was released. I was really dissapointed with the game. If they want us to come back to it, tell them to stop tweaking the stats and nerfing everything (other than the infamous error 37, I preferred the game the way it was at release), and actually make new content. Until then, I feel no need to reinstall the game and play more. Unfortuntely Blizzard got my money for diablo 3, but i will remember this experience next time a Blizzard game is released and choose not to buy it. Oh, and I thought Diablo the boss looked retarded

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]patches that are major changes in a game that sold as well as this... it broke pc only records didnt it, is to be expected.[/citation]
Unfortunately, number of sales doesn't equate to game quality.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
People actually still play this game? after beating it 4 dozen times its old news...... no new content...... this really should have been a stand alone game with an online portal.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]diablo 3, a VERY major game that was what, 10 or so years sense the last one. yea... keeping up with the early game patches is a waste of time...patches that are major changes in a game that sold as well as this... it broke pc only records didnt it, is to be expected.[/citation]

Look at the URL of this site.

What does it say? HARDWARE. The recent apple spam actually makes sense.

Good job at also not countering my point. Failure.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]teamcarlisle[/nom]I was done with diablo 3 after about 2 1/2 weeks after it was released. I was really dissapointed with the game. If they want us to come back to it, tell them to stop tweaking the stats and nerfing everything (other than the infamous error 37, I preferred the game the way it was at release), and actually make new content. Until then, I feel no need to reinstall the game and play more. Unfortuntely Blizzard got my money for diablo 3, but i will remember this experience next time a Blizzard game is released and choose not to buy it. Oh, and I thought Diablo the boss looked retarded[/citation]
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this. But really though, I thought the whole game looked retarded as it was basically Diablo: WoW

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Look at the URL of this site.What does it say? HARDWARE. The recent apple spam actually makes sense.Good job at also not countering my point. Failure.[/citation]
wow, there is a whole section of this site that is specifically for gaming, and in almost everything benchmark a game is brought in.

tell me, do you think that cpus and graphics cards, hell even sound cards (now mostly integrated) got to where they are today just because of professional interests?

[citation][nom]mortsmi7[/nom]Unfortunately, number of sales doesn't equate to game quality.[/citation]

i think people expected to see god when they played the game, than failed to look at blizzards current business model.

wow has major expansions you pay for, but content and tweaks happen all the time in the game and its just expected at this point.

as a hack and slash game, i dont think its bad, the problem is its not as good as everyone wanted it to be. some complain about the games graphics, which arent bad, and are made to be played on MANY rigs, not just the people who will sli 4 high end cards to get 30fps at even 800x600. the game was made a bit simpler because it really sucks when you get to a high level in the game only to relise that your build sucks and you have to restart.

i can see good and bad with everything they did. the problem is they didnt have that carrot like the many other hack and slashes do. its not great, but its not the pinnacle of that genre any more.

kohvitass

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]diablo 3, a VERY major game that was what, 10 or so years sense the last one. yea... keeping up with the early game patches is a waste of time...patches that are major changes in a game that sold as well as this... it broke pc only records didnt it, is to be expected.[/citation]
theres another blizzard game that was made 11 years since the last one...has more major patches (like ones that rework how the whole UI works), has still sold more than diablo 3, has been out 6x longer and still has more active users that diablo 3, got more favorable reviews than diablo 3 and is an actual national sport where you can watch it by just turning on the TV at any time and see athletes earn a million dollars yearly for playing it. but hey, i guess diablo 3 is somehow a more "Major" game.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
They obviously didn't beta test the game very well. And the fact it didn't ship with PVP already was a big no no. End game boring. Same bosses over and over again boring. RMAH mind as well get rid of the GAH because inflation took place to the point where the RMAH looked like a better deal then the 2000+ hours you'd have to put in just to get that amount of gold for one piece of gear. Take out the random drops, and the gear being the same name with different stats and you just might have a game worth coming back to. In the mean time for your next game release don't make these mistakes, because DB3 was bloody boring, was hoping inferno would be hard and take skill but it just required gear and tedious amounts of time that honestly this sounds bad but I just signed up back for wow because at least to me that was way more fun then DB3.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I played through the Starter Edition of Diablo 3 and un-installed it right away. I felt like after all this time they would have released something that was would revolutionize gaming as we know it. It felt like more of the same with a little bump in graphics. I'd been holding off because of the online all the time requirements but now after playing through the first act I feel like I can pass this up altogether.

G

@tinmann
wtf... if that was the same as d2 with a little bit of graphics there wouldnt have been any complaints, especially from the die hard fans.

d3 is a failure whos success is only attributed to Diablo 2 sucess.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
too late? Yes. It was pretty obvious after Hell the path through Inferno was through the AH. Not interested in grinding the gold just to see more of the same content.

G

D3 attempted to throw daggers at all of D2s accomplishments, proclaiming that this time around would be "so much better" and so many aspects of D2 were "so very poor".

This turned out to be nothing but clever marketing and mass self-delusion on their part.

This patch is more of the same: Set the right numbers, and the game will suddenly become good.

Wrong. No amount of patching can correct the fundamental missteps this false Diablo team conjured up.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kohvitass[/nom]theres another blizzard game that was made 11 years since the last one...has more major patches (like ones that rework how the whole UI works), has still sold more than diablo 3, has been out 6x longer and still has more active users that diablo 3, got more favorable reviews than diablo 3 and is an actual national sport where you can watch it by just turning on the TV at any time and see athletes earn a million dollars yearly for playing it. but hey, i guess diablo 3 is somehow a more "Major" game.[/citation]

yea, starcraft, if i remember right news on that was covered here too, but i cant remember if patch news was covered for any amount of time.

and starcraft only got insanely popular in korea, i believe toms ins america and europe, without anything in korea, if there was we would probably see news all the time.

brandonkick

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Problem is that with the iLVL changes from 61 to 63 both of the items will be dropping a lot less. To the average player that doesn't bot this means you won't see them and you won't be able to afford them. Lose - lose on blizzards part. That did nothing for the game.

The idea of Legendary items being crappy wasn't all that big of a deal, tons of items are crappy.

The first and biggest flaw of this game is for average players being able to get themselves into gear that can complete inferno without tagging along with supercharged characters who got their wealth/items early on or buy them or bot or whatever.

The second flaw and almost just as big is the fact that once you actually do get gear that can get through inferno without it being like pulling teeth then you have nothing left to do but try to accumulate more wealth or gear your character(s) better and better.

The story got boring to me after the second play through and I've done about 7 so far. Farming is boring. Playing under geared is painful and makes the boring storyline so much worse.

Now with hyperinflation the gold auction house is something that is of little to no help. You either farm hundreds of hours to MAYBE get something good or gather enough gold to buy something (which gold is devaluing so fast it's not even funny) or you spend real money (and lots of it) on items.

PvP might bring some players back, but I doubt it will really do anything long term. Blizzard needs to some how create an end game for Diablo 3 and fix the fact that there is such a huge separation of wealth in the game. Without the average players being able to feel "progression" through the game and feel that their time put in is reflecting in some type of advancement people will quit until all that are left will be botters, hackers, people with too much money and the small percent who got rich early and legitly.

Status
Not open for further replies.