Blizzard's Titan May Be 3rd-Person MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I was hoping they were making a 1st person MMORPG, but a Starcraft/Warcraft fusion would be pretty awesome.

So long as they don't recycle they cruddy bland and boring WoW engine for it. They SERIOUSLY need to upgrade not just the graphics, but the engine features itself.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Nothing to get excited about. "Titan" is a year away just for the beta. Diablo exp, im am guessing a year away and StarCraft 2 exp is probably around a year and a half or more. Even when it comes out I wont be excited. I will wait for the reviews.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Although I'm not attempting to speak for everyone. It is IMHO that this may be another EQ clone. With E-Sports in mind in an MMORPG is a good idea but depending on how they actually deliver on the combat, or whatever form of engagement, will it be doable.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
If they ask me someday why I didn't buy Titans, I'll be proud to tell 'Jay Wilson'. (even if he's the waterboy of the team)

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
blizzard style graphics?
you mean completely out dated because they cannot be bothered to get around to using/building a new engine that can deliver better graphics without needing as much computing power?

everything I have played recently of blizzards (diablo 3 wow mists of pandaria) looks and plays like arse on the highest settings compared to other more visually impressive and intense games (for your information I have a 7970 clocked to ghz edition speeds (its not a ghz edition) 8gb of corsair vengeance (1600 MHz) and an i5 2500k overclocked to 4.8 ghz - wow and diablo 3 should not play like arse on that sort of system)

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]Meh... MMOS do not interest me at all. I don't understand who has time to play them.Looks like the only thing I have left to like from Blizzard is the Starcraft franchise.[/citation]
You don't need tons of time to play an MMO unless you're hell-bent on being one of the "hardcore" players. If all you're looking for is a fun game to play, there's no reason you can't play at your own pace and level over the course of many months. Of course in a subscription game, you may feel you aren't getting your money's worth out of the sub fee, but there are plenty of non-sub options out there.

I've never personally liked MMO's except two. I've tried every mmo, and they just can't keep me. Guild Wars 2 was the last straw, it wasn't what I expected, and a big let down after all the hype.

I liked Runescape when I was a kid, and World of Warcraft when I was older(teens to early 20's). The fact that I spent so much time in WoW when I don't like MMO's at all says something about the game. I really miss WoW still though, very nostalgic memories.

What I hope is project "Titan" is another good MMO from blizzard, like what WoW used to be, that carries some of the elements over such as: art style, almost fully open world, big cities, etc.

Blizzard has really ruined WoW too, it's just not as good as it used to be, in my opinion at least, I stand leery for their new MMO.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
If Blizzard plans on having this P2P I think they may run into the issue of competing against themselves with Titan coming out as the loser of their products. I know there have been rumors of it being F2P but we will see.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
No thank you Acti-Blizzard. "like Diablo 3 is arriving on Sony's consoles long after the PC version blew the socks off sales charts" This tells me there are allot of tools and fools out there with more money to throw away than common sense.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Everyone already knows Destiny from Bungie, which is owned by Activision Blizzard is the new Project Titan. Blizzard has just been throwing the "Nope, Nada, No way" stick at us for to long.

TITAN = Destiny

I'm very excited

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
[citation][nom]gsxrme[/nom]Everyone already knows Destiny from Bungie, which is owned by Activision Blizzard is the new Project Titan. Blizzard has just been throwing the "Nope, Nada, No way" stick at us for to long. TITAN = DestinyI'm very excited[/citation]

Never heard of Destiny :/

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]gsxrme[/nom]Everyone already knows Destiny from Bungie, which is owned by Activision Blizzard is the new Project Titan. Blizzard has just been throwing the "Nope, Nada, No way" stick at us for to long. TITAN = DestinyI'm very excited[/citation]

The game that you can currently preorder for PS3?

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Rift is an excellent game , I quit wow after destroying the DPS sharts in lych king , Rift showed me how oldschool wow was . you guys should def play it . everything you ever wanted in an MMo is in Rift , the only thing they have not mastered is BGs ,but its coming along well.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in. Was hoping it'd be a Sci-fi action MMO or a Sci-fi MMOFPS with decent graphics, not a game based around Mythology with cartoony Blizzard graphics that'll probably have standard action bar combat that has gotten so tired over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.