Blkue screen w/o death

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrbill47

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
I shut down my PC & display on October 12 this year to go on a greta vacatiob in Toronto, Ontario. Imagine my great surprise when booting up today on October 30 and finding the display, a ViewSonic LED LCD 21 inch monitor, had gone blue in hue. All PC systems booted properly, but with a blue shade that is thus far impossible to change to normal color. I have installed the latest Nvidia driver , ver 285 whatever, and still no normal color, My graphics card is an Nvidia 9600 GSO. I had planned to upgrade the CPU, the video card and the PS, but I'll wait for this forum's help before I try. Which has gone berserk? The monitor or the video card?

Solution
"Does an installed video card preempt the MB's video output?"......

if it's set to auto in the BIOS it should but the thing about "losing" ram....... sounds like card is borked.

then you say the on board video doesn't work........ if it's set to run in the BIOS it should work. Have you tried manipulating the vga cables at all or check both ends to see if they're tight. the way you say it sounds like the mobo is borked though.

could this thing have gotten a power surge ?

engrbill47

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
I tried connecting the monitor to the MB's vga output connection. No joy. I tried changing the bios from auto to whatever on the video detect, but also no joy. Does an installed video card preempt the MB's video output? And, my video card "misplaced" 256 K of on-board RAM about a month ago. :pt1cable: .

"Does an installed video card preempt the MB's video output?"......

if it's set to auto in the BIOS it should but the thing about "losing" ram....... sounds like card is borked.

then you say the on board video doesn't work........ if it's set to run in the BIOS it should work. Have you tried manipulating the vga cables at all or check both ends to see if they're tight. the way you say it sounds like the mobo is borked though.

could this thing have gotten a power surge ?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.