[SOLVED] Block access to steam account from other countries?

borris618

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
Hi folks..

Is it possible to limit the access to my steam account to only work in my home country?
Reason i´m asking is that my login and PW somhow found its way to china and i am daily getting multiple login tries from there.
I do have 2 factor auth enabled so they dont get access to it, and i know i can just change my PW,
but it got me wondering if i could block it via IP or locations or something.

Thanks in advance.
borris

Solution
In my brief search on your subject, I see a lot of this has been going around for quite some time. The only way I can think of to stop this would be to change the e-mail address associated with your Steam account and I'm pretty sure you need to work with Steam Tech Support in order to do that.

I've seen nothing about blocking these log in attempts and if these "users" know enough to get your Steam credentials, they know enough to easily get around any kind of login blocks.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
In my brief search on your subject, I see a lot of this has been going around for quite some time. The only way I can think of to stop this would be to change the e-mail address associated with your Steam account and I'm pretty sure you need to work with Steam Tech Support in order to do that.

I've seen nothing about blocking these log in attempts and if these "users" know enough to get your Steam credentials, they know enough to easily get around any kind of login blocks.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS