Question Block dimensions

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I'm looking to buy some thermal pads, but I wan ted in the correct dimensions. My cooler is a Corsair H100X. I looked around, but found no help. Do you?

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I'm trying to cool a Ryzen 5 3600, Some how is heating to 72C @ 3.6GHz and running 5 instances of F@H. Even with the Corsair H100X. I think I'm doing something wrong.
Case: NZXT 510i with 2 factory fans (guest they are exhaust)
16 GB G. Skill Flare X 3200
Seasonic Mark II Evo edit. bronze psu
Asus ROG Strix B450 mb. with updated bios

I want the rig running at least 3.9GHz and it's going to run F@H for long hours.

I'm installing 2 140mm fans as intake in front of the radiator and the provided Corsair fans behind pulling (basically a push/pull onfig. in to an AIO.
This is my new baby and I wanted to do it right.
Maybe I should have gone with air cooling. What do you think? Any ideas?
Is this any good? https://www.newegg.com/arctic-cooling-actpd00005a/p/N82E16835186162

NTW a measure the block; it is 2.25" (57.15mm) x2.25" (57.15mm).

Paste, IMO, is the better option. Pads are ok if you're hot swapping coolers, for less mess. But when you're going to leave the cooler on, why mess with pads.

Also on the pads, I think you want to measure the CPU not the block, as the block will overhang the CPU.

Make sure the fans you are mounting secondary match the already installed fans. You don't want them fighting each other. Or causing a restriction.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Thermal paste also would seem to be more flexible in curing and providing better temps both immediately and over time. Thermal pads are often designed thicker (so they don't just disintegrate), but remember, the idea of thermal interface material is to be as minimal as possible while filling small, microscopic irregularities on both the cooler and CPU IHS.

Thermal pads are like putting on a coat in the summer to block the sun. Thermal paste is like sunscreen.

Strongwolf2

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
Thank you guys for your input, is was very help full. I decided to go air cooling. I have a new Gammax 400 around and use the 2 Corsairs fans in an push/pull configuration. Is not optimal but I get 74C on 5 cores. I take out the AIO cause I thought I was messing with the air flow in the case. Water cooling give me 75C on all 6 cores @ 3.8GHz(all cores folding full blast). Maybe I revisit this option later.
Again THKs for the information.:)