Blocked access to CD-RW? Pathetically desperate...

This is surely a DUH entry, but I am desperate. I just bought a second
computer and want to transfer all my "My Documents", outlook settings, etc.
The first thing I thought to do was back up on the old puter and then restore
on the new computer. (Both run WinXP Home and both are less than a year
old.) Well, no matter what I did, I could not back up anything to the CD-RW,
kept saying something like "E: not accessible; incorrect function"

Then I tried to do it folder by folder. First by simply trying to copy and
then paste onto the E: drive (yes complete with fresh CD) and it says once
again, not accessible. Then I tried to export my Outlook files to a personal
file folder to be created on the CD-RW, this time it says that I "cannot
access that drive, see administrator."

It should be noted that I own both these computers which are newly attatched
by a LAN, AND I am the Administrator, or so I though, lol. So obviously
there is some toggle I am pathetically missing.

I am desperate, please help me! Thanks.

The Backup Tool in XP does not support cd's or dvd's. However, I suggest
you use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to move your files and
settings to the new computer. You can use your LAN. The FAST wizard is at
Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools.

Go to Start>Help and Support and enter 'files and settings transfer wizard
overview' in the Search box (upper left) for instructions.