I have recently acquired an old canon bj200 inkjet printer. It works
fine, but if I leave it for a day the jets block such that I have to
run the head under the hot tap. It then works fine. I notice that in
the printer all the print head rests on is a piece of plastic.

Any tips for keeping the head unblocked when not in use

thanks

Sp.

ps. Am I experiencing normal operation??

Not familiar with canons but my epson does the same thing if you don't turn
it off with the actual power switch on the printer (not on a "power strip"
or surge protector). Turning it off with the power button on the printer
itself "parks" the printhead so it doesn't dry out. Hope this helps.

"JohnQPublic" <jqp@jqp.com> wrote in message news:<EBUPc.14534$wM.14438@twister.tampabay.rr.com>...
> Not familiar with canons but my epson does the same thing if you don't turn
> it off with the actual power switch on the printer (not on a "power strip"
> or surge protector). Turning it off with the power button on the printer
> itself "parks" the printhead so it doesn't dry out. Hope this helps.
> "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
> >I have recently acquired an old canon bj200 inkjet printer. It works
> > fine, but if I leave it for a day the jets block such that I have to
> > run the head under the hot tap. It then works fine. I notice that in
> > the printer all the print head rests on is a piece of plastic.
> >
> > Any tips for keeping the head unblocked when not in use
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Sp.
> >
> > ps. Am I experiencing normal operation??

I think the parking may be the problem.

My injeet parks in the right position, but only on a piece of plastic.
I don't see how this can keep the head moist. Hence it dries out. Not
sure what I can do?

Thanks for responding

SP.