[SOLVED] Blocky/Striped Shadows and Graphical Glitches

Sep 20, 2020
Hey everybody, I have built a new gaming rig and it has been nothing but trouble when it comes to my Gpu. I am having blocky/squarely rendered shadows in some games(Black desert online and Horizon Zero Dawn is two of them so far) and also came across a graphical glitch on Jedi-Fallen order but no square shadows. Also my system randomly shuts down if i am doing something in youtube while a game is running in the background.My temps on cpu is 60C under load and Gpu is 75C under load. Rest of the temps are also at safe levels.
My system is as follows:
Amd Ryzen 5 3600 cpu
Sapphire Pulse rx5600xt
Corsair vengeance 3000mhz 8x2 ram
Asus Prime b450m-a Motherboard
Samsung Evo 860 sata 3 M.2 ssd
Aerocool Cylon 600w 80 plus Psu
Here are the links to the anomalies:
Jedi fallen order glitch:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2E3PpOAOEI

Square shadows on Bdo(watch the horses):
View: https://youtu.be/VEPT9JC0svI

Things that I've tried:
Install different drivers.
Reseat every single component except for the cpu and its stock cooler.
Update BIOS.
Right now i am thinking of sending the card to warranty but school is about to begin and i wont have my pc to attend online classes for the next 20 or so days. Maybe there might be a last resort that you guys know.

Solution
Your system shuts down? I think the psu is to blame here.
According to this tier list, your psu is in D tier which is far from supporting rx 5600 xt and a ryzen 5 3600.

poorbugger

Distinguished
According to this tier list, your psu is in D tier which is far from supporting rx 5600 xt and a ryzen 5 3600.

Solution
Sep 20, 2020
what I mean by shutdown is that system reboots itself, Does this differ? Sorry I am new to desktop pc behaviours . i was using gaming laptops instead for a while. And also what is your thoughts on the glitches ?

poorbugger

Distinguished
what I mean by shutdown is that system reboots itself, Does this differ? Sorry I am new to desktop pc behaviours . i was using gaming laptops instead for a while. And also what is your thoughts on the glitches ?
Yup rebooting itself when you're just watching youtube is pointing towards bad psu. As for the artifacts, i would replace the psu first then see if it presents again. But it would most likely end up in your rmaing the card.

Sep 20, 2020
Yup rebooting itself when you're just watching youtube is pointing towards bad psu. As for the artifacts, i would replace the psu first then see if it presents again. But it would most likely end up in your rmaing the card.
Thanks for the advice, i will most likely replacing the psu with High power performance gd 750w just to be sure.That one seems to be the most bang for my buck since it seems to be best price/performance for me.
Cheers!

poorbugger

Distinguished
Thanks for the advice, i will most likely replacing the psu with High power performance gd 750w just to be sure.That one seems to be the most bang for my buck since it seems to be best price/performance for me.
Cheers!
You dont need a 750w for your system. Get a corsair cx550m. If you can go higher, get rm550. If you wish to upgrade to a better gpu in the future soon, get a cx650 or rm650