BLOW ME

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
From my own experience, the only thing that doesnt work as it should, is STR3 (suspend to ram). And even that seems to be related to my PSU, and not even to the motherboard

Hey did you get my reply about that? STR works for me.

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
What os are you running? Is it a fresh install? CPU is not all there is to boot up times. Hope you are kidding?

Ignore FUGGER and he will go away.

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.

G

Yeah, but STR1 or STR3 ? STR1 also works for me, but doesnt kill the fans. Str3 doesnt work. Which one did you try ? And on what platform ?

---- Owner of the only Dell computer with a AMD chip

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Thats full post. After post when it actually starts to load windows its under 25 secs. I don't know why you insist on being annoying, but I'm sure you get your ass kicked on a daily basis in middle school so i will cut you some slack. Have your parents heard of ridlen? maybe prozac? also is your dad FUGGER? seems like you two are related as you are the only two that offer up no information just complaints about how others think and feel. If you have problems with other peoples opinions then you have doubts of your own opinions.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Banned? not me. not sure whitch lemming made that up but its a lie.

Connie, blow me. k?

Other guy with, why SGI doesnt use AMD question. because we know wtf we are doing. Why [-peep-] with the dumb [-peep-]? why put proccessors in you 65Million dollar rig when they blow themselves up when they get too hot? pretty stupid huh? "oh but AMD now has thermal protection." Well, were not gonna design AMD a chipset to go beyond 2 way, not gonna happen.

Developer relations, AMD developer relations are ice cold. where Intels bends over backwards to make sure you have products, trained engineers, trained techs, and everything you need to develop on Intel platform. Huge difference IMO.
I dislike have to beg for information,

AMD was stupid and cheap when it came to making a processor for the professional, that was dependable in every aspect. Instead AMD dropped prices and moved tons of product to gain market share, not caring if the processors were capable of self destruction or unstable.

Intel throws a wide variety of chipsets at us, where AMD has poor performing, unstable, extreamly limited, hacked to validation 760 and 760MP. makes us laugh at you.

Before you lemmings chime in "My AMD is stable" crap, not all AMDs are stable, your just lucky or a damn liar. and who gives a damn because you play games anyway and no one cares when you crash.

760MP can only try to compete in the 2way market and anything beyond that AMD is not an option.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
not caring if the processors were capable of self destruction or unstable.

I'm sure they care, but not if only an extremely small precentage have these problems.....

Intel throws a wide variety of chipsets at us, where AMD has poor performing, unstable, extreamly limited, hacked to validation 760 and 760MP. makes us laugh at you.
Poor performing? Last time I checked they were on top.
Unstable? Think we've heard enough of that..

Before you lemmings chime in "My AMD is stable" crap, not all AMDs are stable, your just lucky or a damn liar. and who gives a damn because you play games anyway and no one cares when you crash.

I highly doubt all of my customers (being a PC seller), and everyone on this board with an AMD processor are extremely lucky, or all liars.

---------
Grass is a beautiful weed

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
If you guys knew what you were doing half of your engineers wouldn't have left to go work for a real company. Thats why your stock is traded at [-peep-]. Thats why your customer base has been cut in half. Telling us you work for SGI tells me you know nothing and are desperate for work. Telling connie to Blow you tells everyone who is reading this exposure of your ignorance that you have no evidence to back up your claims. Do you really work for AMD and just act like you support intel and show how ignorant you are to prove that only ignorant people pay the higher prices for less performance? Cause thats they way it seems to me. I wasn't gonna respond, but your trying to pull the cover over everyone elses eyes and i couldn't help myself.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dude, your clueless what entities we hold. your clueless to the patents, the technology. your talking about one of the top 5 giants in the industry. we dominate our market.

Desperate for work huh? last 2 big contracts this week, NOAA & DOE $135 million combined sale. over 2100 processors sold. Our customer base cut in half? wtf you get that BS from? Telling connie to blow me cause im not wasting my time with the BS baiting (also topic is "blow me").

People pay higher price quality, kinda like the new MP processor. wtf you think it costs 100 bucks more? smart MP or thermal diode? more money for slower CPU, go figure. Damn thing should have been a few bucks more in cost to make.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Hey dip [-peep-] you should read more of your supposed companys quarterly reports, I was going to invest in your company until I started checking on their cash flow and their assest. How many lawsuits have you guys lost now anyways? Hope your not taking stock options as a bonus.

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
AMD was stupid and cheap when it came to making a processor for the professional, that was dependable in every aspect.
LoL. Even when I was an Intel sucker, I knew better than that. Have you seen the bugs in Intel CPUs? Intel calls them "errata." Intel is legendary for the Errata Files.

The only thing that held AMD back was chipset support, and it really held them back when they switched to their own CPU interface.

AMD has poor performing, unstable, extreamly limited, hacked to validation 760 and 760MP. makes us laugh at you.
The AMD760MP still wipes the floor with Intel's best dual-CPU solution. Plus, hacked to validation or not, I doubt AMD has ever done anything to rival the double QA failure that was the i820. In your own words (or letters), "GG"

We've been through that. When asked for ten of the hundreds of AMD incompatibilities you've "seen," you're hard pressed to come up with one. We all know who's the "damn liar" here. :wink:

Not to mention which, you have a pretty lopsided idea of what many of us do here. I haven't actually played a game on this system in weeks. This system is a <i>workhorse</i>. So was my last Athlon system (which my brother has now). Each one could spend days compiling code without a hitch--the kind of compile process that brought Intel's first 1.13GHz CPU to its knees. Of course, the significance of that is probably lost on you, as I doubt you've ever touched a Linux system in your life.

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well Blessedman, your name is exactly what you would have to be if you have a stable AMD platform. And as for me gettin my ass kicked on a daily basis in middle school its just the opposite. You know how most parents have bumper stickers that say "My child is student of the month" Well my parents drive around in their Plymouth Duster with a bumper sticker that reads "My child beat up the student of the month". And yes I take ritalin and prozac on occasion it makes me feel kinda fuzzy. Its pretty neat. But you know just because someone can't pay attention, drugs are not the answer. I mean I like em and all, but I feel like we will all gorw up to be sedated zombies all dependent upon our prescriptions to get us through the day. And my dad ain't FUGGER, my dad is a logger that would gladly kick the sh!t out of you and any of these other 4 eyed, fat, pimply faced morons here. I like FUGGER though because he stands alone and doesn't back down from all you lemmings that feel security in packs and feel like you have to be on the defensive anytime anyone says anything remotely demeaning about AMD.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
so in trying to defend yourself against one post you square yourself up as a bully, psychologically imbalanced and from a violent household? Well, I feel pity for you. I just wish your dad couldn't afford to pay the phone bill so we wouldn't all have to listen to your [-peep-].

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Don't kid yourself; FUGGER stands alone because he continually makes an ass out of himself. The fact that he continues his campaign of FUD and half-truths only proves that he is the epitome of brand zealotry. I'd sooner respect some drooling, subservient dog that cringes whenever you raise a hand. At least a dog knows when he's whipped.

Oh, and a piece of free advice. "I'm going to kick your ass" is a marginally more effective threat than "I'm going to sic my dad on you, and he's going to kick your ass." I mean Jesus, you think your dad raised you to go running to him whenever you get a bloody lip? Have the guts to bust your own knuckles sometime.

Kelledin

G

Sorry, Fugger, but I'm neither a pedophile or queer.

Where's that incompatible list? Put up or shut up!!! K?

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hehe I would gladly put my size 13's square in your ass if I ever met you. I was just trying to let you know that my dad is not FUGGER. My dad ain't at school kicking the hell out the geekers there. Its all me buddy. I fight my own battles. So I will rephrase my statement for all of you who think I would send my father after someone I didn't like. I got a left a rigth and a couple ass stomping feet for anyone who feels froggy. That means all you no life having, gay chat room attendin', crisco eating, '76 pinto drivin mofos with chocolate chips stuck between your cavity filled cockwarmin teeth. To quote The Rock...."Just bring it"

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
You are almost as full of sh!t as FUGGER. "Tough guys" don't need to troll on message boards. 'Nuff said.

Kelledin

OzzieBloke

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2001
10 pages of absolute crap... I'm impressed.

What I don't get is, why people even bother. Replying to posts like this, I mean. You can see it's a troll, a flame, and pointless to the point of pathetic hilarity, so why reply to it? You all know you are not achieving anything, except giving some person with too much time and too little intellect a perverted adrenaline / endorphine cocktail rush.

Your posts take up your own time, your own resources, and achieve nothing. I read the first page and the last page, and there was no evolution of discussion, no thought, nothing. There was plenty of opportunity for thoughtful discussion which, God forbid, should happen on a *discussion board*.

You can reply if you want, but I won't be reading this thread, so if you do, you are perpetuating your habits of wasting time that could be spent on better things.

Cow with legs spread wide either dead or playing 'cello.

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey Ozziebloke.....
"What I don't get is, why people even bother. Replying to posts like this, I mean. You can see it's a troll, a flame, and pointless to the point of pathetic hilarity, so why reply to it? You all know you are not achieving anything, except giving some person with too much time and too little intellect a perverted adrenaline / endorphine cocktail rush."

You kinda defeated your own point, you replied. So what the hell are you tryinfg to prove moron? And I don't even know what "troll" means. All I know about trolls is they live under bridges and eat people.

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
It is fun...FUGGER is a loser. It is so much fun to watch him make an ass of himself.

Fugger where is the list buddy...Everybody has been waiting so where is it at? Or are you just talking out your ass again?

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
I think we should remind FUGGER of that list every time he makes one of his asinine posts. Lord knows he'll probably still never be able to produce even half that list.

"Unfh...uhhhhn...ten, you said? Man... well, give me a couple of laxatives and I'll see what I can do."

Kelledin

Makaveli

Splendid
ok i'm gonna resort to FuGGERs Muturity level.
You called me a lemming, so then that makes u what?
and Intel Butt Monkey? Why don't u bend over some more and take it up the ass from intel, u seem to enjoy it. Your so full of [-peep-], Bah bah bah... intel this intel that how much do they pay you for going around giving hand jobs @ lunch break at intel?

seriously U need a some [-peep-] Pussy !

I'm out stick to the dicks and balls your use to!

sorry I had to resort to this, but i'm so sick of hearing that's butt Monkey's jibberish!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Sounds like you have self confidence problems. Maybe you should get away from the computer and try to get some friends. That might help you.

<font color=red>Amd or Intel? Who cares?? Not me...</font color=red>