Blower Style or Open Air

Horvat

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I have nzxt phantom 410 , and im planing to buy gtx 1070 but should i get Asus Turbo or Msi Armor , no SLI

Solution
I'd pick open air over blower type GPU anytime (unless it was a really great deal).

As i see from the pictures of that case, it has enough space for the additional coolers on the inside to be mounted, also there is an air intake vent in the front/bottom - so it has a place for another custom fan to be mounted. I'd get an open air GPU, then check how it goes, it you think it's too hot, buy 2 additional fans, they are not expensive - add one in the front to take the normal air in and one in the back to blow the hot air out and you should be fine. (I personally have 5 additional fans in my case, temps are amazing!).

ThomasKK

Reputable
May 1, 2016
Open air cooler: offers up to 10% better performance than with blower type and runs at cooler temps, but it would be the best to have additional fans for the air inside to be circulating (hot out, normal in).

Blower style cooler: take it only when the case is horribly ventilated and you think you might get thermal throttling. Blower type cooler takes air from the inside and blows all the hot air outside (open air - takes from the inside and blows back to the inside, so additional fans help a lot), so other components inside the case don't get the heat from the GPU.

http://i.gyazo.com/3573246899fb475e450fbe40759bbaf7.png

All in all, take open air cooler for noticeably better performance (+better overclocking) and lower temperatures and blower type only if you think your case is already hot enough and the additional heat from the GPU will break the limit and cause thermal throttling (except when you're on low budget and blower type GPU offers the best price to performance ratio).

Horvat

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017

Yeah , i know that , im unsure how is gonna be , what will be better with nzxt phantom 410 case ?

ThomasKK

Reputable
May 1, 2016
I'd pick open air over blower type GPU anytime (unless it was a really great deal).

As i see from the pictures of that case, it has enough space for the additional coolers on the inside to be mounted, also there is an air intake vent in the front/bottom - so it has a place for another custom fan to be mounted. I'd get an open air GPU, then check how it goes, it you think it's too hot, buy 2 additional fans, they are not expensive - add one in the front to take the normal air in and one in the back to blow the hot air out and you should be fine. (I personally have 5 additional fans in my case, temps are amazing!).

Solution

Horvat

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017

allright , thanks ! I asked because Turbo is on sale abt 40€ cheaper than Armor one