Blu-Ray Drive Hook-up to HDTV

G

Hi Everyone,

So I ran into a sony blu-ray drive, model BDU-X10S. So I went to hook it up and besides some other issues I cant get any video through my hdtv. I have a XFX 512mb 8800GT with dual-dvi ports one port is running to my HP2009m monitor which is HDCP compatible and the other I was running a dvi to hdmi to the tv. Problem I'm having is that the tv, Sony KDL-46W4100, already has a "PC" hook-up but its VGA and the drive calls for dvi or hdmi. Sorry if this isn't very clear but its as simple as it gets. Thanks for any help.

le13enforce

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Have you tried activating the HDTV as a secondary display using your computer? Once you've done that, anything that shows on your computer—including playing a Blu-Ray video—should be appear on the TV.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Just hook it up via HDMI and select the appropriate HDMI channel as your source and ignore the "PC" hook up. Some TVs will allow you to change the name of each hook up but it doesn't really matter what you call it.

You might have to disconnect the HP monitor to get video on your TV though. I'm not 100% positive but I don't think HDCP likes dual output since it can be a copy protection issue. Try completely unplugging the monitor and see if you can get video to the HDMI on the TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts