Blue and black screen.

Mar 21, 2018
I have been getting blue screens. Sometimes the mouse and monitor turn off and i can still hear music playing from my computer. Can you help?

Solution
go to your motherboard vendors website and update the motherboard sound driver, then go to your gpu vendors website and update to the current version of the gpu driver (including the GPU sound driver)

if you have a third sound source, be sure to update it also. If the third sound source is a USB device, you might also have to update the BIOS, the CPU chipset driver and any add on USB 3.0 driver.

Most common cause will be the motherboard sound driver responding to the GPU sound drivers requests and crashing the GPU driver. GPU have to support sound for HDMI, displayport and other video cables that supply sound to speakers inside of a monitor. if you don't have speakers in your monitor, you can update the GPU sound driver then...
go to your motherboard vendors website and update the motherboard sound driver, then go to your gpu vendors website and update to the current version of the gpu driver (including the GPU sound driver)

if you have a third sound source, be sure to update it also. If the third sound source is a USB device, you might also have to update the BIOS, the CPU chipset driver and any add on USB 3.0 driver.

Most common cause will be the motherboard sound driver responding to the GPU sound drivers requests and crashing the GPU driver. GPU have to support sound for HDMI, displayport and other video cables that supply sound to speakers inside of a monitor. if you don't have speakers in your monitor, you can update the GPU sound driver then disable it in windows control panel device manager. Best to get the fix for the motherboard sound driver so you don't have to worry about it.
Note: A cpu with video built in will also have a sound driver that might need to be updated. generally not a issue because windows update will often do CPU driver updates. (unless it is being blocked)

Solution