Question Blue command prompt type of thing keeps popping up in games

Jan 14, 2020
I really dont like it when it pops i cant take a picture of it because it pops up for 1 second not letting me take a picture of it but it's pretty annoying Windows 10 Home BLUE COMMAND PROMPT NOT BLACK!

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
LOL im not sure what blue command prompt thingy you are getting but you can try using focus assist in windows settings or if the games you play have a exclusive full screen option then try that

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that the screen is Command Prompt and not Powershell?

Please provide more description about the screen that is popping up and disappearing,.

The next time the blue command prompt pops up in a game take a moment to think about what key(s) and/or key combinations you just pressed.

Jan 14, 2020
Are you sure that the screen is Command Prompt and not Powershell?

Please provide more description about the screen that is popping up and disappearing,.

The next time the blue command prompt pops up in a game take a moment to think about what key(s) and/or key combinations you just pressed.
found out its not command prompt its Power Shell and I didnt click anything i was just watching a cut scene in GTA V and it popped up out of no where

Ralston18

Titan
Are you actually gaming or watching cuts of games?

What gaming key combinations are you using?

https://superuser.com/questions/1339064/keyboard-shortcut-to-open-powershell-from-the-desktop

There are a number of ways to launch Powershell. Some would be obvious to you as the actions are quite deliberate (e.g., "Run"). Other actions not so much.

Take a look in Task Scheduler.

You can also use Process Explorer (download via Microsoft) to discover if something is briefly launching Powershell.

Jan 14, 2020
Are you actually gaming or watching cuts of games?

What gaming key combinations are you using?

https://superuser.com/questions/1339064/keyboard-shortcut-to-open-powershell-from-the-desktop

There are a number of ways to launch Powershell. Some would be obvious to you as the actions are quite deliberate (e.g., "Run"). Other actions not so much.

Take a look in Task Scheduler.

You can also use Process Explorer (download via Microsoft) to discover if something is briefly launching Powershell.
Im gaming and watching a game cut scene while in game and didnt even click anything and it just popped up

Ralston18

Titan
Try doing just one or the other: gaming or watching game cut scenes.

If the Powershell window does not open up when just one window is open then the reason may be due to the dual window.

I.e., something takes place with respect to multiple open windows ("Im gaming and watching a game cut scene) that makes the system believe Powershell is being launched and closed.

Or the Powershell window may pop up while just gaming or just watching the cut scene.

Have you looked in Task Scheduler for any references to Powershell?