Question Blue Error Screen - RX 5600 Drivers - Cannot fix

Jul 9, 2019
I helped my little bro build his first computer. After 1 month he got an "Automatic Repair" message on startup that said PC had not started correctly giving him the option to troubleshoot. He got this message repeatedly and decided to wipe his SSD and reinstall Windows. After doing this successfully he installs the GPU's Radeon Adrenaline 2020 drivers and the PC crashes mid install and sends him back to that "Automatic Repair" message. He has now wiped and reinstalled Windows several times. The computer is fine until he attempts to install the GPU drivers.

I live very far away from him but want to help. Is this a known issue with current AMD RX 5600 drivers? What should I advise him to do?

PC:
RX 5600 XT MECH OC
Ryzen 5 3600X
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD

Last edited:

Jerrythefairry

Reputable
May 3, 2020
could the gpu or psu failed

This is said little brother
The PSU is fine I think, the computer starts up and everything works fine up until I try and download the Radeon Adrenaline 2020 drivers. about 40% through the download the screen flickers black which is normal ( it says it might ) but then after it flashes back to the windows home screen and the download is finishing up around 60% the screen switch’s to blue “AUTOMATIC REPAIR Your PC did not start correctly”

I don’t imagine the GPU would have failed it’s only a couple months old