Question Blue marks at the bottom of my monitor screen.

aqui1a

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Asus VE247 monitor.

A few weeks ago, I noticed a couple of small, rounded marks appear at the very bottom of my monitor screen. I was concerned at first, but they weren't too distracting and they didn't seem to be growing, so I just got on with things. However, a couple of days ago, a new blue mark appeared near the first two. It's a fair bit bigger than the first two and has definitely grown since first appearing.

You can see what they look like here: View: https://imgur.com/a/Z4lxYF8
(imgur album with three images of the monitor).

I wanted to ask a few things. Firstly, would it be possible to fix this, or is it like this for good? Secondly, are the marks likely to continue growing? And finally, if you were experiencing this same issue, do you think you would you buy a new monitor?

Im no expert, but this is what i think:

That looks like a panel that got damaged. I have seen this happen on calculator LCDs if you press them too hard or drop them.

These will likely grow, but there is a possibility they won't. You can fix this by replacing the panel, but otherwise, no.
Id deal with it untill its a major annoyance and then replace the panel.

Reactions: aqui1a

aqui1a

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Im no expert, but this is what i think:

That looks like a panel that got damaged. I have seen this happen on calculator LCDs if you press them too hard or drop them.

These will likely grow, but there is a possibility they won't. You can fix this by replacing the panel, but otherwise, no.
Id deal with it untill its a major annoyance and then replace the panel.
Cheers. Yeeaaah I reckon I'll end up waiting until it becomes too much of a pain in the arse to deal with. :sneaky:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS