Feb 9, 2019
Hi my birthday is coming up and I have a 42 dollar budget for a mechanical gaming keyboard so far I found these https://www.evetech.co.za/gamdias-h...g-keyboard-brown-switches/best-deal/4840.aspx , https://www.evetech.co.za/marvo-kg909-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-blue-switch/best-deal/6627.aspx andhttps://www.evetech.co.za/marvo-kg914g-rgb-mechanical-keyboard/best-deal/5162.aspx
I heard browns are good for gaming and typing and blues are only for typing as they are not as responsive and they have a far actuation point is this true
which one would you get
by the way I hope they get more of the browns soon , since they are out and my birthday is in a month

thanks kind regards bye

Solution
Generally brown and blue are quite close in feel with the main difference being that blue makes the audible click sound within the switch/key stroke (not to be confused with the sound or loudness of the bottom out and return sounds) and maybe a little more of the tactile bump feel.

There are people that have tried many keyboards and actually prefer outemu over Cherry branded. Again, trying it the best option even if only one style of switch from trying a friend's keyboard just as a reference point to give you some idea. I personally don't notice much difference if any at all as far as actuation distance, but I am also a button masher meaning I generally bottom out the key while typing.
Ideally you can get to a store which stocks similar keyboards with the keyswitches so you can try yourself, because everyone is different. Reds tend to be the main choice for PC gamers. Blues are 'heavier' rather than less responsive, and audibly click. I personally prefer the feel of brown switches, but it is my preference.

I make these comments thinking of Cherry MX switches, so others might be a little different.

Feb 9, 2019
Ideally you can get to a store which stocks similar keyboards with the keyswitches so you can try yourself, because everyone is different. Reds tend to be the main choice for PC gamers. Blues are 'heavier' rather than less responsive, and audibly click. I personally prefer the feel of brown switches, but it is my preference.

I make these comments thinking of Cherry MX switches, so others might be a little different.

hi thanks for replying were I am based unfortually we cant find mechanical keyboards in the store the problem that I have is that the browns are out of stock and I am stuck with the blues unless they restock fast which wont happen which blue switched keyboard should I get
kind regards karassavasd

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
Generally brown and blue are quite close in feel with the main difference being that blue makes the audible click sound within the switch/key stroke (not to be confused with the sound or loudness of the bottom out and return sounds) and maybe a little more of the tactile bump feel.

There are people that have tried many keyboards and actually prefer outemu over Cherry branded. Again, trying it the best option even if only one style of switch from trying a friend's keyboard just as a reference point to give you some idea. I personally don't notice much difference if any at all as far as actuation distance, but I am also a button masher meaning I generally bottom out the key while typing.

Solution
Feb 9, 2019

wow thanks for the help I really do appreciate it I think I am also a masher because I will bottom it out thank you do you think this is the right choicehttps://www.evetech.co.za/marvo-kg909-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-blue-switch/best-deal/6627.aspx thank you