Blue Or Brown Switches?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
I can't really get responses in my mechanical keyboards topic and need to buy something tonight.

I am mostly seeing if any programmers are on here and whether they prefer blue or brown.

I already am about decided on the das 4 professional, but I go back and forth on blue vs/brown switches.

Yes I know all about them, but have only tried them in a store, not extensively typing.

Most say get blue for programming, but I also figure the more pressure required to press the key, the more it will bother my fingers. Also I wonder if someone in an apartment above or below where I type would hear blue ones. Honestly, my standard keyboard seems loud to me, so I am not so sure blue is louder... But I may still prefer brown.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017

I tried a panasonic plasma a few years back (I think the ST50) and it was blowing me away with a great picture, but that absolutely DESTROYED my head. It felt like it was squeezing my head to the point of my head exploding. The worst any display has bothered my head. No clue why.... I don't know if it was flicker or what.