Blue Pixel Artifacts

TrulyNolan

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
My display has been giving off these weird blue pixels (sometimes white or green) in dark spaces when I'm watching a youtube video or on a website. They pop up in Dota, too, and they get worse throughout the day if I don't let me computer rest for like....5+ hours. My friends have told me it means my GPU is dying, but I don't have the money for a new laptop, so I'm really hoping it's just overheating issues.
I'm using an Asus ROG G73JH with a Radeon 5870M.
Any help would be appreciated.

hL0loST.jpg

I9XEoA5.jpg

dovah-chan

Honorable
Sadly your friends are correct. Such blue looking squares and areas are common amongst dying cards. Let me see if I can find that picture of an old card of mine having the same issue before it bit the dust just to show another example. Although unlike your's my artifacts were red as they vary colors but all have the same effect.

Picture of it two days before the GPU died
bd3370ee08.jpg

What I would do though, is contact Asus and see if it's possible for you to get a replacement card or laptop. (if your warranty is still intact)

TrulyNolan

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

The warranty is not intact, sadly. This laptop is from 2011 and I got it off craigslist for $500. I bought a new battery for it, clean it out, and it was running perfectly until this happened.
Looks like it's time to save up for a new computer again.
I've only had this for two months. :(