BLUE-RAY Playback on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerhardii

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I just bought a Pioneer BDR-205 Blue-Ray Player/Burner. Have POWER DVD 9. Ultimateand the latest patch.

New Computer Win7 64bit, Gigabyte mobo x58 1366, I7-920 cpu, 6GB DDR3 corsair ram, ATI Radeon 5770,( Latest driver).. But when I start to playback a Bue-Ray disc..Win7 says incompatible software..going back to windows basic color and video freezes with error msg.

Now Cyberlink beta test software says all my components pass, except Monitor is NOT HDCP complaint. And video driver.

Driver is latest. There aren't too many monitors that are actually HDCP READY..few that are "compliant". Will this actually play Blue-Ray on a PC?

gerhardii

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010

?? So If I buy a SONY Blue-Ray player or any other brand for that matter....Sony will block my viewing Because I don't have an HDCP compliant monitor..... Even if I spent tons of money on a DVD-RW Blue-Ray Player and extra on Compataible BLUE-Ray software to play it on PC.

Well, everyone should boycott Blue-Ray then. Go for Upconversion......

Like to have a supposed list of Compatible PC LCD Monitors that have HDCP. Not Big screen Plasma and large LCD
TV's

But your average 20" and under PC monitors.

gerhardii

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Leon that monitor is not fitted with an HDMI port Comes with DVI or older VGA analog connection... But it does support 1080p.

Problems is most people don't want or need a BIG LCD for their computer.. Mostly in the 20" to 17" range.

If I get a Screen bigger then that I might as well jump up to a 50" and just watch BLUE-Ray on my Home DVD unit.

When I use my internal SATA Pioneer Blue-Ray DVD-RW I I use it to Burn and not so much watch entire movies...

But I do expect it to at least PLAY. My NEC monitor is the problem, but I decided to buy another 19" LENOVO L195W.

Comes with DVI and VGA.....and states it is DVI-HDCP Compliant. Or so it says. :) But thanks for your help!

gerhardii

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010

Yes I got a new HDCP Compliant monitor and it worked.... I first hooked it to my HD Plasma and it worked so I knew for sure that it was my "old" 19" NEC LCD Monitor. Got a new 19"LCD for about 134 that was HDCP DVI Compliant and it works...

I can see Sony Blu-Ray "fixing" the discs and Players.......But Monitors??? GEE

Thks for your help...

gerhardii

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010

A DVI.....Already figured it out...I hooked to mY HD Plasma no problem//// WAS that my "old" 19" NEC LCD monitor was not HDCP Compliant.... Got a new 19" for my Desktop..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.