Question Blue Ray ripping software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2020
Alright to clear up the legality part, I am trying to have blue ray movies saved to a hard drive to play directly on my smart TV free from an internet connection if need be. I own them and have no intention of selling, distributing or any other breach of copyright activity. Basically I am looking for full quality ripping.

I have found a program like DVDFab11 Does anyone have any comments about it or suggestions if it is worth purchasing the full version?

Or are other alternatives available?

Example I managed to get an old Blue Ray disk my Grandfather bought in 2012. It is the movie version of Les Miserables. Now the interesting thing is that I can find the movie file on the disk, copy it to my PC and play it. Upon doing that it plays but with no sound. However here is the interesting thing. If I duplicate or extend my PC screen via the HDMI to my smart TV then my smart TV will play that movie in all its glorious quality and decode the sound and play the sound as well.

I thought brilliant, this is simple, I cannot edit the movie in Premiere Pro or do any distribution and by doing it this way it gave me the ability to do what I wanted.

Then I ran into a dilemma. Not all blue ray disks are created equal and other disks have different security settings and as a result they will never play. A free trial of the above program was able to rip them and make them appear full quality however the file size of the ripped version is somewhat lower than what is on the disk. I cannot help thinking there is a loss of quality.

I am just wondering what options are available for ripping. I want to avoid disks spinning in my drive and would like to play from my hard drive straight to the TV. If anyone knows of programs that can decode their encryption or what is the best I am open to suggestions. For information WINXDVD Ripper does not work with Blue Ray. It has worked with all my older DVDs but will not decode Blue Ray. Just looking to enjoy those nights in at home with a good movie playing on my television and not using internet data.

Feb 5, 2020
Regardless of your intent, or what personal view son ownership and usage of property are, you wont get help here since breaking copyright software is not something that you will receive help for.
I am not asking to break copyright. Perhaps you have misread the whole thing.

TO rephrase it I have a program called Cyberlink Media Suite which appears to be a legal program that allows you to play Blue Ray disks on your PC. It can read the flies and play them. That is all well and good.

All I am looking for is the ability to copy the file from the disk onto a hard drive and watch it as above in the legal software such as Cyberlink Media Suite.

I can do this with some disks but not all. That is the problem. If there is no legal way to do it then you should say but if there is I need to know about it as it is my preferred method to watch movies.

If there is a legal way and no one tells me then I am just as likely to purchase the illegal ripping software and do it anyway in which case your morality for not discussing it was futile as you refused to provide if any legal ways of doing this.

I am determined to do this so I am hoping there is legitimate software that will allow my to store the files on my computer and view through the appropriate player.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Tom's Hardware does not support any type of illegal activity.

As soon as you crack the anti-piracy code by ripping the movie from the BluRay, you've broken the (US) law. Fair use states that you may make a copy of a CD/DVD/BluRay, but that copy must be identical to the original (to include the copyright protection).

This is an extremely gray area. Therefore we must err on the side of caution and not allow further discussion.

Closing Thread
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.