Blue Screen 124 and unremovable virus

MacTavish08

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
Alright guys so for the past 2 months I've been confronting this problem with a Virus that probably came with some unwanted software and it proved out to get me to my limits...It behaves by creating some temporary files and another executable located in the OS drive ( 1 of them called nlnt.exe, keeps reappearing a few secs after I delete it)...and these things create some modifications to the registry that can't be removed either ( it blocks off the Task Manager and Registry saying that they've been disabled by the admin) aside from that when I play games or exit out of the games the CPU jumps up to 56-62% from 0% and causes Blue Screen 124 sometimes while ingame. For the past 4 days I haven't done anything and the virus seemed to have disappeared; I was able to play all of my games with no problem at all and the task manager was accesible. It reappeared today and it causes the BSOD after 2 minutes of playing ANY game. I've ran long stress tests on the CPU and GPU when the virus was not "active" and they were completely stable at 100% maxing out 65 degrees C on both. But the question is...how the fluff do I get rid of this? I reinstalled my windows, ran safe-mode malware scans (Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Adwcleaner, RKiller) deleted the files manually and it still...it still reappears...My last resort right now is to completely format my HDD and do a clean reinstall of windows and everything I have.

MacTavish08

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014

Alright mate I'll do it if there's no other option left..I'm gonna wait to see if there's anybody coming up with suggestions. I'm really anxious about it..I have a heavily modded Skyrim which took me almost 2 months to get it running perfectly; some of the mods aren't available anymore so I'm gonna have to save what I can on a higher-end flash drive(s)

Hello... the Virus/malware can only live on a HD/SSD OS Partition... Format is not needed, just delete all existing partitions, on the OS drive, aka "clean install" and it will be gone.
Learn to keep a copy of favorite MOD's and DL's on separate media for future access.

ali_155

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

change your HDD and also try to change your ram

MacTavish08

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014

I don't know what he means..can you help me? If you're talking about reinstalling windows and then immediatelly removing the Windows.old folder then It's not gonna work I tried that. Btw I only have 1 partition just to let you know

Hello... Your not going to Win the manual removal of the embedded VIRUS... it Will be in your Windows.old files too... It happens to a lot of people, and a lot of people experience what you are, and have no Backup files or recovery media for their favorite Mod/APP... in 15-30 mins you could be free of the VIRUS and start getting your OS/Apps loaded agian.

If you wanna try and chase/delete it? 1) enable "hidden files/folders"
2) connect your Net cable, and let it start communicating.
3) unplug your Net cable.
4) Use "file explorer" and search for file use and changes in the last 24 hrs.
5) Right click the files and "open location" to locate the 'hidden" folders, files, and data, of the Virus resent activity.
6) Windirstat is a good APP to see all the Hidden Folders and Files too... and will allow delete operations on them.
7) Plug your Net cable back in and see if your manual attempts have stopped the back ground activity of the Malware.

MacTavish08

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014

I actually did OC the CPU to 4.2 Ghz but when the virus is not active...I don't get any bluescreens, even on full load. Btw the OC settings I use were perfectly stable until this virus came into my computer. (Used them for about 1 year and a half)

MacTavish08

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014

I'll see what I can do mate, thanks a lot for the tips. I will update the situation soon to inform you if it worked :)

MacTavish08

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014

Unfortunately I reinstalled windows so all the restore points I had are gone...and the virus still persisted on affecting my computer.

MacTavish08

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014

That software is a killer...I did everything there was available on the program and it completely got rid of the main files of the virus. Thank you so much, I've been fighting that thing for a long time;)

Sweet yup its a pretty good program. It removes entries in the registry for the malware it finds. And can reset the windows settings to its default settings :)

Another good thing about it is, it creates random names of itself.

So it cant be terminated by malware / like trojans

Good to hear it fixed it