Blue screen after crash nvlddmkm.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

killeeeeer

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I was playing Bf 3 multiplayer and suddenly the PC crashes, after it crashes i hade this weird yellow dots on the screen and random vertical lines and when i boot to windows blue screen comes up and says something about nvlddmkm.sys .

I tried removing driver, install the most stable one but didn't work, I also cleaned the card but also that didn't help.

I can go into safe mode no problem but i still have those weird lines and dots.

My card is Gtx 460, I have had it for the past 3 years and this is the first time I face this problem.

Anyway I can solve this ?

Blue Screen:
http://i6.minus.com/ibhRxGoAXCFxQk.jpg

Solution
Your bugcheck indicates that your graphics card stopped responding and windows attempted to reset it. the reset failed and windows stopped the system to prevent damage.

-static discharge, short circuit from dust, or heat damage?

The lines and dots on your screen while in safe mode would indicate physical damage to electronics in your card. (assuming your PCI bus and card is not overclocked)

Check your card warranty, I had a card Sapphire card fail in the last month of its warranty and they actually refunded the entire purchase price to me when I showed my newegg receipt. The card failed like yours, lines on the screen, it would work but bunch of video artifacts.
Your bugcheck indicates that your graphics card stopped responding and windows attempted to reset it. the reset failed and windows stopped the system to prevent damage.

-static discharge, short circuit from dust, or heat damage?

The lines and dots on your screen while in safe mode would indicate physical damage to electronics in your card. (assuming your PCI bus and card is not overclocked)

Check your card warranty, I had a card Sapphire card fail in the last month of its warranty and they actually refunded the entire purchase price to me when I showed my newegg receipt. The card failed like yours, lines on the screen, it would work but bunch of video artifacts.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.