Question Blue screen after fully rebuilding PC - No issues for 5 years until now

Dec 5, 2021
Hi there,
I recently deep cleaned my gaming PC I built back in 2017, and have blue screened twice in the past day. I put everything back together as it has been for the past few years, where I've never had a problem before this. After the first blue screen, I made sure to monitor my task manager to see if there was anything weird going on with CPU, GPU, RAM, or power usage. The only thing I noticed was that whatever program I was tabbed into at the time had a "very high" power usage. The few threads I could find online said this normally isn't a problem, but that leaves me with no info to go off of in order to fix the issue.

PC specs:
i7-7700k
NZXT Kraken X72 AIO
ASUS Strix Z270-E MOBO
EVGA 1080 FTW
16 GB DDR4 3000hz
512 GB Samsung M.2 970 EVO SSD
250 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
2 TB Seagate HDD
EVGA G2 650 Gold+ PSU

Any help is greatly appreciated. I will update this thread with the exact error I get if I am blue screened again. Thank you!

Hi there,
I recently deep cleaned my gaming PC I built back in 2017, and have blue screened twice in the past day. I put everything back together as it has been for the past few years, where I've never had a problem before this. After the first blue screen, I made sure to monitor my task manager to see if there was anything weird going on with CPU, GPU, RAM, or power usage. The only thing I noticed was that whatever program I was tabbed into at the time had a "very high" power usage. The few threads I could find online said this normally isn't a problem, but that leaves me with no info to go off of in order to fix the issue.

PC specs:
i7-7700k
NZXT Kraken X72 AIO
ASUS Strix Z270-E MOBO
EVGA 1080 FTW
16 GB DDR4 3000hz
512 GB Samsung M.2 970 EVO SSD
250 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
2 TB Seagate HDD
EVGA G2 650 Gold+ PSU

Any help is greatly appreciated. I will update this thread with the exact error I get if I am blue screened again. Thank you!
Perhaps you knocked something loose.
Take a few mins and reseat stuff.