[SOLVED] Blue screen after installing new RAM

Dec 4, 2020
Soo i just bought 32GB RAM 3200Mhz (2x16GB) to upgrade from my old 8GB RAM.
When i try to start windows it gives me blue screen. Every time i turn on the pc it gives a different blue screen with a different error code.
Mostly it says something like "Couldn't verify the file signatures". I tried anything. Cleared the CMOS, Running MemTest86,
tried to disable file signatures only to get another blue screen, changing the RAM frequency in the bios. Nothing helped.
If i try to install windows with an USB Stick, blue screen.
MemTest86 detects all the RAM but it gives me 2000 errors in 2 seconds. I dont even know anymore...
When i put the RAM frequency to auto, MemTest86 dosen't even start anymore.

My system info:
Motherboard: ASUS prime A320M-K
CPU: AMD A10 9700 APU
GPU: AMD Radeon RX570 4GB
RAM(old): Kingston 8GB 2666Mhz DDR4 (2x4GB)
RAM(new): Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 (2x16GB)

Sorry for english, not my native. :)

Solution
Idk if i can do that. I bought the RAM from Amazon. I tought it will work so i bought a cpu aswell. An Ryzen 5 3500x. The RAM came first. I'm still waiting for the cpu. My question is.. will this ram work with the new cpu? Or i just cancel the order...
Ok with a Ryzen 5 3500x , things look different.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...L_for_AMD_Ryzen_2nd_Generation_Processors.pdf
Here you have the QVL for your motherboard equipped with a 2nd generation Ryzen, and indeed you can see that 3200 MHz is supported.
There is even a precise reference for a 2x16 Gb Corsair that has been tested: it is CMU32GX4M2C3200C16.
What is your RAM part number ?
Soo i just bought 32GB RAM 3200Mhz (2x16GB) to upgrade from my old 8GB RAM.
When i try to start windows it gives me blue screen. Every time i turn on the pc it gives a different blue screen with a different error code.
Mostly it says something like "Couldn't verify the file signatures". I tried anything. Cleared the CMOS, Running MemTest86,
tried to disable file signatures only to get another blue screen, changing the RAM frequency in the bios. Nothing helped.
If i try to install windows with an USB Stick, blue screen.
MemTest86 detects all the RAM but it gives me 2000 errors in 2 seconds. I dont even know anymore...
When i put the RAM frequency to auto, MemTest86 dosen't even start anymore.

My system info:
Motherboard: ASUS prime A320M-K
CPU: AMD A10 9700 APU
GPU: AMD Radeon RX570 4GB
RAM(old): Kingston 8GB 2666Mhz DDR4 (2x4GB)
RAM(new): Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 (2x16GB)

Sorry for english, not my native. :)
The specifications of your motherboard

It clearly states:
AMD 7th Generation A-Series/Athlon X4 Processors (which is what you have, it seems)
2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered Memory

So your Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 (2x16GB) is clearly outside the published specs.
When you look on the QVL for your mobo
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...for_7th_Gen_A-series_Athlon_X4_Processors.pdf
all high speed RAM on the list default to 2133 Mhz. It seems that your sticks don't do that.

Dec 4, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? If so, can you check and see which BIOS version you're on at the moment?

my psu is Xilence Performance C Series XP500
and my BIOS is Ver. 5409

Dec 4, 2020
The specifications of your motherboard

It clearly states:
AMD 7th Generation A-Series/Athlon X4 Processors (which is what you have, it seems)
2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered Memory

So your Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 (2x16GB) is clearly outside the published specs.
When you look on the QVL for your mobo
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...for_7th_Gen_A-series_Athlon_X4_Processors.pdf
all high speed RAM on the list default to 2133 Mhz. It seems that your sticks don't do that.

Soo i need another mobo..?

Dec 4, 2020
I would simply exchange the new RAM for a reterence present on the QVL of your motherboard

Idk if i can do that. I bought the RAM from Amazon. I tought it will work so i bought a cpu aswell. An Ryzen 5 3500x. The RAM came first. I'm still waiting for the cpu. My question is.. will this ram work with the new cpu? Or i just cancel the order...

Ok with a Ryzen 5 3500x , things look different.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...L_for_AMD_Ryzen_2nd_Generation_Processors.pdf
Here you have the QVL for your motherboard equipped with a 2nd generation Ryzen, and indeed you can see that 3200 MHz is supported.
There is even a precise reference for a 2x16 Gb Corsair that has been tested: it is CMU32GX4M2C3200C16.
What is your RAM part number ?

Solution
Dec 4, 2020