Question Blue Screen after installing ram

Mar 14, 2019
So i had a 4gb stickof Kingston Valueram and i decided to buy another 4gb stick (g-skill). And when i boot up with both sticks it just blue screens and shut downs my computer. Both sticks are 1.5v and 1333mhz and when i boot up with the g skill one alone it doesnt even bootup. I would think it would be broken but when i boot up with both sticks and go to bios it says 2x4gb but it wont boot up. I've tried different DIMM slots and updated my bios. Please help!

What is your motherboard?
Your motherboard manual will tell you which two slots should be populated if you have 4 and are installing only two sticks.
Similarly, where to install only a single stick.
Not all motherboards can work with a single stick in any slot.

Past all that,
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.

If you can get into the bios with only the Kingston stick, see if you can increase the ram voltage from the default 1.5v up to 1.6v.
Test that out and then install your second stick.

If that fails,
My suggestion is to return the g.skil stick and buy a 2 x 4gb kit that matches your Kingston specs.
You will have 8gb that you wanted.
Then try to install the old 4gb.
If it works, fine, you now have 12gb.

Mar 14, 2019
Hey thanks for your reply! My motherboard is DELL 0C522T and i decided to buy a different ram stick because before i bought the g skill one i put my dad's 4gb stick which is a HP one for testing. And it work perfectly fine so i dont know why the g.skill one wont work. And how do i change the volts in BIOS? Dell motherboard bios is quite different from other ones

TRENDING THREADS