Blue screen after new SSD

James_432

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Hey all, I'm not a heavy computer guy and I need some help. I have a 2012 build with a newly added graphics card within the last few months and on black Friday I bought a new ssd to replace my old hdd. It came with everything to switch it over, I've installed and updated everything I could find and since pulled out my hdd. Here comes the issue, it started blue screening on shut down right before it turned off. This is when I updated all my drivers and optimized the system for a ssd instead of my old hdd. Now it blue screens constantly.. I can't boot 15 seconds into safe mode without a crash, if I try and open anything it crashes. I'm stuck and can't figure it out. I've also replaced my sata cables. The screen screen says interupt_exception_not_handled
Mv91xx.sys

Here's my specs
Samsung SSD 850 Evo
NVIDIA geforce gtx1070
Asus pbz68-v pro gen 3
Corsair hx750
32g ram (corsair 8g vengeance sticks)
Windows 7 professional
Intel i7 2600k series
That's pretty much everything I know, I'm at a wall and have no clue what to do. Hope one of you can walk me thru.. Baby steps if possible. Thanks!

Solution
its not something you can do if your machine is unstable go into the bios as I have instructed at the start leave the machine on in the bios for twenty say minutes if it is unstable or crashes then there is nothing you can do but generally there should be no issue in the bios as its not running anything start from there and all the best all of your system tools are in the bios and it probably has a number of optimizations that will help but the bios should be up to date and will help with system stability

James_432

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

How do I go about checking it? It crashing constantly, couple times before Windows even booted

power on system and hammer the delete or del key which should take you to bios no problem if it boots as normal power off try again. You will know when you are in the bios I am not sure on your model of motherboard but most asus boards are set with username /admin password /password unless changed by the user do not enter this wrong 3 times or it will lock you out. go to your motherboard website https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_PROGEN3/
select os and then bios
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_PROGEN3/HelpDesk_Download/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOnq2jeB1U

James_432

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Ok I'll have to do that when I get home, heading to work. Now foo I need to access that from my pc to download something or just my phone to get the log in info?

its not something you can do if your machine is unstable go into the bios as I have instructed at the start leave the machine on in the bios for twenty say minutes if it is unstable or crashes then there is nothing you can do but generally there should be no issue in the bios as its not running anything start from there and all the best all of your system tools are in the bios and it probably has a number of optimizations that will help but the bios should be up to date and will help with system stability

Solution

TRENDING THREADS