Question Blue screen after new stick of RAM installed ?

Mr_Furball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
Hello.

I had a PC here with only one Stick of HyperX HX424C15FB2/8 installed, then I bought another one (same exact model) but now after booting, the system will crash in the first 10 minutes and give a blue screen saying the Windows found an problem. I tried to boot up with only the original stick in single channel, but the PC wont even boot, even though it only had that one stick before.

I tried to swap places the two RAMs but that makes it not boot too. It doesn't show anything on the screen. Even the monitors only keep the suspended light. Now that I put the RAMs back the way that was booting at least, it's taking a lot of time to get out of the BIOS boot and even restarting sometimes after that before getting to the windows.
Now I noticed that the loading on the Asus BIOS menu is frozen.

Also, forgot to mention, I noticed that the packaging has HX424C15FB2/8 written, but the sticker on the RAM says HX424C15FB/8. I don't know if this number would make a difference in anyway, but still thought it was worth to mention.

The PC specs are:

Ryzen 3 2200G
GTX 1050 Ti
Asus Prime A320M-K
PSU EVGA 500W

If anybody has experience or suggestions to this problem I would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY